No announcement yet.

Aguek Arop 6'6" SF 2018 to San Diego State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's get him in & get him signed. Everything I have read about him makes him seem like a prototype Shocker. Team player, rim protector, excellent defender, willing to dive on the floor, and a winner (high school coach). These are similar attributes to many of the other players coming in this recruiting period.

Comment

San Diego State vs Wichita State

Comment

This is the recruit of the ones I know about that I prefer we sign with our final Ship.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Bluzrover
          Bluzrover commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. And maybe because that 'ship is still hanging out there after two high profile visits, the last 'ship is Arop's for the taking and we're just waiting on his official visit.

Just committed to San Diego State.

Comment

• Stickboy46
          Stickboy46 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmm didn't even get a visit. Was Linstead the lead recruiter?

Damm!

Comment

And we brought out the good weather just for his visit. Guess our recruiters are better in the cold.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

That grad transfer though

Comment

They probably sold them the old... You could be the next Kawaii Leonard

Comment

I wondering if the staff wanted Amin more and his visit went really well
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                  I wondering if the staff wanted Amin more and his visit went really well
                  You never know, but as hard as it is for some to absorb, it may be Arop simply liked San Diego State and its situation better than he liked Wichtia State.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's not hard to imagine someone liking San Diego State.

Love how as fans we always spin it to where the player was not wanted anymore... Was that the case for Akinjo as well? You take the players who come and try to make it happen... period

Comment

According to Taylor, Arop never took a visit here.

Comment

They were going to schedule something after his SDSU visit, but I guess they never got the opportunity to.
                      The Assman

Comment

Here's an oversimplified version of Arop's recruiting. This is an open book, take home quiz.

Q. After spending the last several years in Omaha, where would you like to spend the next 4 winters?

A. Wichita
                        B. San Diego

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                          C0|dB|00ded commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I know what location I'd prefer, but I'm not trying to get into the NBA either.

I'll go with "we cooled on him..."

That will be CB's official response on any recruit that doesn't sign with us from here on out.

T

...:cool:

• Aargh
                          Aargh commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Unfortunately, it's starting to look like we've cooled on enough guys that we may end up with Tevin Glass v 2.0.

Marshall has done outstanding filling gaps this spring, but this last one is not looking like it's going to go to a contributor.

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Aargh, your skepticism has proved unjustified before.

Personally, I think Amin could be an excellent and very useful one-year contributor if he ends up here, which would be advantageous for a number of reasons already addressed -- and of course he isn't the only guy the Shocks "are known to be pursuing" (which is also not the same as "are pursuing;" it's been shown many times before that we don't know everything that's happening).

So we'll see what happens, but for now I'll stick with the famous old SN refrain, "I'm not worried."

I was pretty high on this guy as I tend to prefer someone who will be here longer than one year. We have all heard how hard it is to learn Marshall's system and that prevents a "one and done" to be a full contributor to the season. Of course, we saw at least "one and done" in Anton who actually worked out real well and if not for that horrible, freak accident, might have be an even greater contributor to the team.

But Arop becomes the third 2018 recruit from Africa to be landed by SDSU coach Brian Dutcher, all 6'6" or taller. So it might be a lot more along the lines of fit due to commonality with other recruits that made the young man realize he would be more comfortable in San Diego.

From the San Diego Tribune:

“They’ve had a lot of players like me,” Arop told the Union-Tribune by phone from the airport, “and they’ve always developed them. I couldn’t think of a reason not to go there. It’s the perfect fit. It’s one of the schools I always wanted to go to.”

Comment

Working...
                        X