No announcement yet.

Aguek Arop 6'6" SF 2018 to San Diego State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former Gatorade player of the year in Nebraska. ( Arop). Seems like you take whoever makes the decision first between Arop and Ndyai and let it go. Either one is intriguing for different reasons.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• SlyShock
        SlyShock commented
        Editing a comment
        That is his brother, Akol.

Another interesting video. It's about basketball and the South Sudanese refugee population in Omaha, Nebraska (with is the largest outside of Africa)

The Assman

Comment

According to local reports... His last visit is to Wichita

Comment

Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 3h3 hours ago

The coach of WSU's 2018 target Aguek Arop (The-Skill-Factory's Rob Johnson) tells me the choices are down to SDSU and WSU now. Arop will visit SDSU on Friday and then will schedule his OV to WSU following that.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 3h3 hours ago

The coach of WSU's 2018 target Aguek Arop (The-Skill-Factory's Rob Johnson) tells me the choices are down to SDSU and WSU now. Arop will visit SDSU on Friday and then will schedule his OV to WSU following that.
            SDSU has it’s obvious benefits by the ocean. But he may want to be close to home in the midwest and WSU is that.

Comment

Could go either way.... But I think Marshall the better coach

Comment

IMHO THIS guy is a perfect fit for the trend back to playing angry with physical and mental toughness.
                Hope he goes with us

Comment

So is this guy the #1 target? Seems like getting either him, N'Diaye, or Carrigan would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                    So is this guy the #1 target? Seems like getting either him, N'Diaye, or Carrigan would be nice.

I would say #3. Arop is no surprise breakout player. Gregg is better off holding the schollie. Arop adds nothing to the recruiting class. Texas offer? Don't think so. Probably walk on. These AAU coaches are salesman first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post

I would say #3. Arop is no surprise breakout player. Gregg is better off holding the schollie. Arop adds nothing to the recruiting class. Texas offer? Don't think so. Probably walk on. These AAU coaches are salesman first.
                      Walk on?

Whatever you're on, the doctor needs to reduce your dosage.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

Walk on?

Whatever you're on, the doctor needs to reduce your dosage.
                        Believe what you want.

Comment

From what I have read AN is 6'10 with a 73" wing span and jumps 24" . Arop is only 6'6 with a 71"
                          wing span but can jump how high ? 36" maybe with a lot of physicality already. do the math. Arop
                          is #1 for me right now, but of course, only one man's vote counts and it ain't mine

Comment

• Windiwu
                            Windiwu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think you are comparing two different types of verts. Standing and running. Record at the nba combine for running jump is around 40 or so inches.. Standing jump is a different animal.

I'd prefer Carrigan over all these guys, even though he's a 2019. The dude is a shot blocking machine. If we can bring him in next year we don't really need another post player, so I'm going with Arop.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                            WSUwatcher commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Remember, Dan, that WSU only has two seniors (one a PG who will presumably be replaced), with one 2019 big already committed. As we've seen, things change, but there isn't a lot of anticipated room in 2019 at this point.

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          From what I have read AN is 6'10 with a 73" wing span and jumps 24" . Arop is only 6'6 with a 71"
                          wing span but can jump how high ? 36" maybe with a lot of physicality already. do the math. Arop
                          is #1 for me right now, but of course, only one man's vote counts and it ain't mine
                          Where do you find the 24"?

Arop is fine with me too but either way, Carrigan is an amazing shot blocker.

Comment

Working...
                          X