Aguek Arop 6'6" SF 2018 to San Diego State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aguek Arop 6'6" SF 2018 to San Diego State

Didn't see anything on this player previously, but his coach from The Skill Factory post grad team stated that Wichita State was in his final 4

Final 4 San Diego State 3/1 OV University of Texas 3/4 OV Wichita State Eastern Michigan

Coach Rob added,
    Coach Rob @CoachRobJohnson
    Best available player in 18’ 6’6 combo forward. Guards 1-5 21ppg 12rpg 4apg 1.8bpg 3.9 GPA …
    5:35 PM - 26 Apr 2018

Putting the detectives to work here to get some more info?

Appears to be a decommit from the University of Nebraska, to whom he was committed for less than a week.

He's also the Nebraska Gatorade POY.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Comment

• rjl
        rjl commented
        Editing a comment
        Strange. From this article, sounds like he backed out of his Nebraska commitment because they wanted him to play a prep year, which he did not want to do.

So he goes and plays a prep year instead.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I don’t like this unless we’re planning on parking someone at Sunrise.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Steeleshocker
          Steeleshocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I think he already had a prep year.

• ShockdaWorld
          ShockdaWorld commented
          Editing a comment
          I think so too. Unless we are planning on parking someone else there, I’m really hoping for Ndiaye. This kid looks damn good, but 6’10.5” with 7’3” wingspan looks even better.

Very STRONG looking player who really elevates - Like him if he plays good defense.

Comment

Arop would seem to be dark horse we were not aware of. Just on the surface it looks like we would be getting a more polished and finished player with Arop but Ndiaye may better fit what our needs are and have more upside. Plus with Ndiaye we would have the possibility of redshirting him if he is open to that. Doesn't sound like that would be anything Arop would want to do nor does he seem to need it.

Comment

My opinion is that a RShirt year would be futile because he won’t spend more than 4 years here anyway. He’s going to the NBA. Don’t waste a year on a shirt.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              If would agree if that is 3G's assessment of the situation and if he sees it that way I'm sure a redshirt will not be considered. We pretty much know Arop would not be a redshirt candidate based on his history. I can't say I know what 3G's assessment of Ndiaye is at this point. And, of course, the key factor is whether Ndiaye would be open to that since 3G has stated he never forces a player to redshirt.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 27, 2018, 11:33 AM.

This guy is good, but don't we have a ton of 6'5" guys already?

Comment

Man, he sure looks like a total package. 21 points and 12 rebounds means he knows how to score and he likes to go after the ball. If we only knew about him 3 weeks ago I would have said he is a "get"

Comment

Take him only if McDuffie doesn't return

Comment

Gregg Marshall knows a lot more than I do about what is going on with the program. If he has reason to bring him in, I wiould love having another great athlete become a Shocker. Watching Evans from Cincy out athlete us on rebounds last season was quite concerning. Can never have too many good players.

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                    Take him only if McDuffie doesn't return
                    Common man, where's MM going? :)
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Common man, where's MM going? :)
                      To a therapist if he doesn't return to 21st & Hillside.

Comment

Remember the thing called the NCAA Tournament. The teams that make deep runs have multi-dimensional 6-5 to 6-7 players.

Comment

Working...
                        X