• Show
Clear All

• Michael Wynn, 6'6" SG Offered to Wake Forest

2-Star
    Has offers from ECU and Ole Miss

3 star on 247 - ranked 390th

Comment

Comment

Was an ECU commit and recently released from his NLI.

Comment

• AndShock
          AndShock commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess we’re officially desperate.

Comment

• im4wsu
          im4wsu commented
          Editing a comment
          How many offers did Wichita State give him? "Another" implies more than one.

I don't understand all the 2 and/or 2-3s. 1s, yes. 1-2s, yes. 3-4s, yes.

But that's why I'm here on SN typing on a keyboard I guess. :smile-new:

Comment

• shocks02
          shocks02 commented
          Editing a comment
          If we assume McDuff is going to play mostly 4 next season, then the roster really only holds two small forwards. Chance Moore and Rod Brown.

• Aargh
          Aargh commented
          Editing a comment
          Spring is generally a "try to sign the best available" time frame for recruiting. I think we're seeing what's "available" right now.

Give me four “dudes” and a big. Get the best dudes available and figure it out.

Comment

Austin played the 3 some this last year. We're much weaker at the 4 than the 3 or 2, that's why I said "yes" to a true 3/4 (stretch 4). Obviously, the 1 is our weakest position.

Comment

It would be quite a blessing if Austin Reaves becomes our sixth man...

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
              ShockdaWorld commented
              Editing a comment
              No chance

Austin and Markis need to play 30 min a game. MM at the 4 and AR at the 2 with backup at 1. Let everyone else fight for the rest. I’m hoping SHJ can get settled and figure it out. He can handle the ball, penetrate and make 3s. He has some things to work with, just gotta figure out the rest.

Comment

After a summer of lifting weights... Austin can play the point guard spot.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                After a summer of lifting weights... Austin can play the point guard spot.
                Assuming AR stays healthy, those that have been critical of AR will be lavishing in their exquisite meal of crow.

As an aside, MM also needs to stay healthy and develop core and upper body strength to finish at the rim. As a rebounder, his assignment may well be to "seek and retrieve" more than in the past, he will be a terrific rebounder.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Love AR but we need to get back to suffocating defense. Is he the type of player who has the physical tools to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Love AR but we need to get back to suffocating defense. Is he the type of player who has the physical tools to do that?
                    AR was a good defender this year. Advanced have him second behind Zach among our perimeter defenders this past season, but my eyes would say he was our best perimeter defender, Zack seemed a bit slow from the knee injury all year. He has great length and he drew soooo many charges by beating the offensive player too the spot(it did help that any contact is going to send him flying).

Comment

We need to distinguish serviceable defense from top 10-15 rpi we've routinely had in the past. Let's face it last year's defense sucked from top to bottom, start to finish. There was literally no player either able or willing to contain perimeter shooters and/or drives to the bucket. Once it started there were seemingly no effective adjustments - in fact it often got worse as the game continued. No way guys like Armstead, Baker or FVV let that happen. Now I realize those are great players but we have to figure a way to get back to that or 2017-18 will repeat itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X