No announcement yet.

Michael Wynn, 6'6" SG Offered to Wake Forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some seem to forget how much injuries that result in a lot of time away can slow a player down. What should’ve been our 4 best perimeter defenders (Landry, Austin, Zach, and Duff) were all slowed by injuries last year. Give me those 4 guys with a full healthy year of conditioning and practice time, and we’d have been vastly improved over where we were last year. Austin and Duff will both be much better this year than last assuming they can stay healthy.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent point, Shockda -- AAC opponents may be tougher than the guys WSU used to face in the Valley, but when the Shocks were in the Valley they were also much healthier in ways that affect quickness and mobility. Next year's guys will have lots of nuances to learn, but their physical tools will almost certainly be better than what we saw this past season simply by virtue of being closer to 100% physically (one hopes, anyway). And unlike this past season, the defense will probably get better as the year goes along and the team learns more and gets better at defensive execution.

As to how that relates to Michael Wynn I haven't a clue, but it's a point to keep in mind.

Need to take into account that there is probably a little more upside to a healthy Reaves on both offense and defense. I think that even some of his mental lapses might have been partially due to his physical condition. We've never really had a healthy Reaves in his two years here.

Comment

Not sure what we’re discussing, but I like what I see of Michael Wynn. I like point guards, but I also like shooters; I think coach Marshall calls them “makers”. See Vilinova.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

From the video on YouTube, he can really shoot the 3 ball

Comment

Pure speculation: - but we are deep into the Shocker drought so I am trying to cling to anything at this point - but I wonder if this is at all related to not seeing/hearing from Pooh-Bear??

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I haven't heard anything about Isaiah or seen him in any of the team photos.
          The Assman

Comment

Maybe. Hope not as I am really excited to see the big guy wearing the Black and Yellow!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Most likely the case... We should know A little more by this weekend

Comment

He's committed to Wake Forest.

Comment

That escalated quite quickly

Comment

Well, than.
                    The Assman

Comment

Shocker staff poking around. Recruited Wynn out of high school, but never saw much of the court at Wake Forest.

Stats: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...9/michael-wynn

Comment

Working...
                      X