Joseph Chartouny 6'3 G Grad-Transfer to Marquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph Chartouny 6'3 G Grad-Transfer to Marquette

View the profile of Marquette Golden Eagles Guard Joseph Chartouny on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

FROM LAST YEAR:

COMPETITION:

https://nypost.com/2016/12/03/fordha...-to-new-level/

As I previously posted on the discussion about Joseph I would think that he would feel very comfortable in Wichita, Kansas with his Lebanese Heritage. We have a large, vibrant, successful and very well respected Lebanese community in Wichita incuding J.R. Simon and his grandparents, Dr. Sam and Jacque Kouri, who are the name sponsors of the Koch Arena Champions Club plus many, many others. He would have no problem finding some good Lebanese food in this town.

Watching his highlights he has that "yeah but he isn't very athletic in a Fred VanVleet kind of way" vibe to his game.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 12, 2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Looks to have similar quickness to Reaves.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

A dribble penetrating guard who can lay it up either right or or left handed would be fantastic.

Comment

28% from 3?
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            He was .382 from 3 as a sophomore, but, yes, pretty poor last year. He has had over 90 steals in each of the last 2 years. Compare that to the Shocks leaders of LS and CF both with 23 last year.

• ShockingButTrue
            ShockingButTrue commented
            Editing a comment
            His best trait...

He seems to excel in "4 out 1 in" sets... hopefully we run some in the future whether we get him or not!

Comment

• Topshock
            Topshock commented
            Editing a comment
            Noticed that also. Doubt he could get too and finish at the rim in our present offense.

I’d take this guy in a heartbeat

Comment

I don't think Wichita State is desperate by any means and I think we have players who are willing to wait to make a decision because we are still trying to sign best available

Comment

Not quite yet, but we keep inching closer

Comment

I'm noticing a trend that many of these guards appear very handsy defensively. I think between this guy and the Robert Morris transfer they are looking for singe defensive stoppers to get back to our roots. Marshall may feel he has enough high volume scorers in guys lime Stevenson, Moore, Reaves, Udeze, and Duff. Now he wants defenders and penetrating guards who can facilitate.
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m thinking Udeze will be better on D than O.

I don't think this guy gets to the hoop nearly as well in the AAC as where he's playing now. I didn't see any defenders I'd refer to as "quick" on the drives to the hoop in the highlights.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Looks to have similar quickness to Reaves.
                  (Giggles)
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Audit please on his steal rate.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      Audit please on his steal rate.
                      I had looked at his game log from last year and he had 15 games where he had 4 or 5 steals and only 1 game at 0 steals.

Of course, his steal number of 97 last year and 94 the year before, pale to Ehab Amin's 124 in 2016-17 (he sat out last year with an injury). However, Chartouny's was against better overall competition IMO.

Comment

His career steal rate per possession is 5.2%, the highest single season we've ever had was Malcolm's 4.2%. And I would say the A10 compares fairly reasonably to MVC, so lets just say this kid can get after it defensively.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                          ShockTalk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah, I was questioning Amin's, not Chartouny's steals. Although, it is fair to question his shooting.

• ShockCrazy
                          ShockCrazy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ah, his career rate is higher at 5.5%, and competition would probably have an impact. One thing I like to look at is if the team features many other defenders with high steal rates, which I think indicates systemic turnovers forced ie press, or strategic overplaying, but for Amin each season only had one other player over 3%.
                      Working...
                      X