Jamarius Burton 6'5 G 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
    It's the spring recruiting period. Ron is not offering cash to go to WSU. It's fine. It's only an issue outside recruiting period.
    I am not an NCAA rules guru but from what I read, sounds like Ron is technically a booster because he participated in the program. Under that definition, he cannot initiate any contact with a recruit, irregardless of wether it's a signing period or not.

Last edited by Boss1786; April 21, 2018, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Shockm
      Shockm commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you are missing dripping sarcasm from Art.

• WuShocker2006
      WuShocker2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's already been cleared up multiple times, Burton called Ron, not the other way around.

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
    It's the spring recruiting period. Ron is not offering cash to go to WSU. It's fine. It's only an issue outside recruiting period.
    Booster initiated contact is prohibited at a;ll times prior to signing LOI. Ron is a booster. Perhaps if both were on campus and Ron initiated a phone call, because I believe while recruit is on campus on official visit, contact is permitted, but I don't know that for sure.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Dear Mr. Burton,
      as Aragorn said to the elves at Helm's Deep, "You are most welcome!"
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
      - said no one ever...

Comment

• From Fansided: What does Burton's recruitment mean to Wichita State

https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/04/...mmitment-mean/
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Aargh -- good stuff. Taylor Eldridge also made the same point recently about WSU going 3-0 against Butler in 2018 recruiting. No wonder their fans and writers are so cranky.

• Looks fairly athletic in the newer clips. His effectiveness will depend on his ability to run the pick-n-pop. That is what we don't know right now. SHJ has shown that he can handle that role, if even off of the bench.

Comment

• Well, that writer thinks he is a legit PG. That's good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            From Fansided: What does Burton's recruitment mean to Wichita State

https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/04/...mmitment-mean/
            I know these highlights only show the good plays, but from what I saw, he looked good shooting the ball, driving, passing, posting up, and using his off-hand.

Comment

• Headlines appears misleading, In the form of 6’5″ point guard Jamarius Burton, it looks like Wichita State basketball has found its last piece for their 2018 recruiting class.

Comment

• I'm more confused about the last piece part

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Headlines appears misleading, In the form of 6’5″ point guard Jamarius Burton, it looks like Wichita State basketball has found its last piece for their 2018 recruiting class.
                  This dude is from Butler... He failed math101 for failure to be able to count to 13.

Comment

• Love the fact that this kid called former players and did his own background check. That's a smart kid.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but we're recruiting some kids that are good athletes but also seem pretty bright. Eric Stephenson, for example, was also recruited by Yale.

I'm so jazzed about this upcoming season because I think we're getting some killer players in more ways than just one.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                      Love the fact that this kid called former players and did his own background check. That's a smart kid.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but we're recruiting some kids that are good athletes but also seem pretty bright. Eric Stephenson, for example, was also recruited by Yale.

I'm so jazzed about this upcoming season because I think we're getting some killer players in more ways than just one.
                      I hope you mean Erik Stevenson
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                        Love the fact that this kid called former players and did his own background check. That's a smart kid.

Smart, athletic, and with basketball bodies

Asbjorn 7-0, 280 C
                        Jaime 6-11, 220 C
                        Isaiah 6-9, 240 FC
                        Morris 6-8, 240 FC
                        Markis 6-8, 220 GF
                        Chance 6-7, 200 GF
                        Roderick 6-6, 210 GF
                        Dexter 6-5, 200 G
                        Jamarius 6-5, 210 G
                        Erik 6-4, 190 G
                        Samajae 6-0, 180 G
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Off topic for Burton, but I can't let this go:

Before Reaves left, someone questioned him as a PG candidate, fearing a long season (as if the one we just finished wasn't too short) if he had to paly much PG. Let me just say that, as between Reaves at PG and McDuffie at SF, and especially SG (the combo implied by his listing above as GF), I'd take Austin at PG any day. McDuffie is a stretch PF -- I hope when he's healthy next year he shows the ability to expand on that, but it hasn't happened so far.

• 2 seniors, 1 junior, 1 sophomore, 7 freshmen, 2 more to go

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Smart, athletic, and with basketball bodies

Asbjorn 7-0, 280 C - So
                          Jaime 6-11, 220 C, Jr
                          Isaiah 6-9, 240 FC - Fr
                          Morris 6-8, 240 FC - Fr
                          Markis 6-8, 220 GF - Sr
                          Chance 6-7, 200 GF - Fr
                          Roderick 6-6, 210 GF RFr
                          Dexter 6-5, 200 G - Fr
                          Jamarius 6-5, 210 G Fr
                          Erik 6-4, 190 G Fr
                          Samajae 6-0, 180 G - Sr

Walk-ons
                          Jacob 6-3 165 G - So
                          Brycen 6-0 155 G - So
                          Tate 6-2 165 G - Fr
                          Added the classes and walkons

Comment

Working...
                          X