• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      beat me to it haha!

• We can thank Ron, Kerry, and Landry for this one.

Comment

• Neat insight into the recruiting process. Had not put together he missed the AAU circuit because of the injury. Getting more and more excited about this crop of recruits the more I learn about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
        Originally I was like, "man, these Butler fans aren't too bad." That has changed, though. They were so quick to turn on the kid as being a "mid-major talent" who wouldn't get minutes at Butler after he picked us. What a bunch of clowns.
        Yeah, because Shocker fans never do anything like that.....

Comment

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. Glad everyone notices that too!

• "They envision me as a point guard, but I can also play the three spot," Burton said. "But basketball is becoming positionless, so they're excited about my versatility and ability to play different positions. Honestly, I just want to do whatever is in the best interest to help my team win."
        I LOVE this quote.

Not only does it show they have plans at the PG position, but that the program also is seeing the direction the game of basketball is going and adjusting accordingly.

Thats why I started the hard reset thread. This is going to end up being good for WSU; probably sooner rather than later.
        Last edited by Shock Top; April 20, 2018, 03:34 PM.
        The Assman

Comment

• Basketball has always been about matchups. Last season we didn’t have the physicality to hold a significant advantage against some of the teams we played. Make no mistake — we’ve upgraded. Players who would’ve excelled against The Valley have been replaced with players who will excel against The Anerican. We’re going to win, damnit. And win now.

This message brought to you by Norton’s Brewing Co. and #daydrinking
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'”

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• More from J-Burt on his decision:

Comment

• Wuzee
              Wuzee commented
              Editing a comment
              Got Dang. Mancrush on Ron restored.

• Very well spoken young man. Love hearing that.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
              Basketball has always been about matchups. Last season we didn’t have the physicality to hold a significant advantage against some of the teams we played. Make no mistake — we’ve upgraded. Players who would’ve excelled against The Valley have been replaced with players who will excel against The Anerican. We’re going to win, damnit. And win now.

This message brought to you by Norton’s Brewing Co. and #daydrinking
              Timeout from basketball for a second...how is Norton’s compared to the other microbreweries here?
              Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

• Shock Top
                Shock Top commented
                Editing a comment
                Opens today, I believe

• Wuzee
                Wuzee commented
                Editing a comment
                I found it excellent on all counts. Beer is instantly top two or three in ICT. Great variety. Good vibe. Only tried an app, but it was great. Open 7 days a week. Great addition to the lineup.

• Originally posted by GO_SHOCKERS View Post

Timeout from basketball for a second...how is Norton’s compared to the other microbreweries here?
              I believe it just opened and it’s on my list to try. Husband and wife owners, he was a master brewer at River City.

We’re doing more than brewing unique craft beers. We’re redefining expectations. Nortons Brewing Company is an innovative brewery in Wichita specializing in distinctive flavors and atmosphere. Join us in the heart of downtown Wichita for a one-of-a-kind experience. 🍻

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                We can thank Ron, Kerry, and Landry for this one.

Hope this isn’t a NCAA violation by a booster
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• BOBB
                  BOBB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thought the same thing.

• wufan
                  wufan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Count me in the “whoa is that legit” crowd.

• wushock27
                  wushock27 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He reached out to them, so no worries on that...

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                Hope this isn’t a NCAA violation by a booster
                I have nothing that makes me think this was not on the straight and narrow.
                Last edited by TxShox; April 20, 2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Taylor confirmed on twitter that Burton was the one who reached out to Ron and other former players, which is perfectly acceptable.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think what happened here was a miscue by Eldridge in his comment, "a phone call from Ron Baker..."

It was actually a call TO Baker by Burton that helped provide the clincher, but it wouldn't have been necessary to clarify if it had just been written accurately the first time around. Which just goes to show that Eldridge does a hell of a job, but he isn't perfect. Oh, well.

• It's the spring recruiting period. Ron is not offering cash to go to WSU. It's fine. It's only an issue outside recruiting period.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is that how the Chickenhawks get away with it, Art? They only offer cash at the prescribed times?

• Gotta believe the compliance staff knows what it's doing and would long ago have warned former Shockers now playing pro if there was any reason for them not to answer their phones.

Comment

Working...
                  X