Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    This isn't KU.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Would definitely like Burton and Cheese to be two of these fills

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Not going to happen.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I guess we will see if u are right or not by what schools offer him a scholarship.
      According to Arkansas Hoops, Reaves has already been contacted by Maryland, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Butler, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Northern Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan, and Auburn

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, much of that list is going to surprise a few (I mean very few) posters on here.

• Woodrow
        Woodrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Maryland? Turgeon leaves the cupboard bare when he leaves then approaches a transfer from a "school at this level". Not cool.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

According to Arkansas Hoops, Reaves has already been contacted by Maryland, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Butler, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Northern Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan, and Auburn
      Hell of a list. Good for Austin.

This should as prove to serve as a testament for WSU and Gregg Marshall's staff for being able to find diamonds in the rough and to develop talent. Yes, Austin's recruitment picked up late in the process (especially once WSU got involved), but he generated nowhere near this level of interest out of high school.

The future bodes well for both parties.
      The Assman

Comment

• Cdizzle
        Cdizzle commented
        Editing a comment
        Shocked Butler would want WSU's sloppy seconds. It's a wonder a kid could go to WSU for 2 years and still find admission to Butler.

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't wait for numb-nuts' article tomorrow.

• Rocky Mountain Shock
        Rocky Mountain Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure the esteemed academic powerhouse that is Butler University (The MIT of central Indiana, btw) would accept any transferred hours from lowly Wichita State. Austin would probably have to start his academic career over from scratch. Which is OK, because choosing Butler University (The Oxford of central Indiana, btw) purely based on basketball would be an immature decision.

When is the last time this program recruited a high school point guard? I really can't recall at this time. Landry was recruited as a shooting guard, as was Reaves. The Shocks need a point to run the team in the future, long term, desperately.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Fred VV

• Rocky Mountain Shock
        Rocky Mountain Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        DJ Bowles, Corey Henderson, Ty Taylor

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      When is the last time this program recruited a high school point guard? I really can't recall at this time. Landry was recruited as a shooting guard, as was Reaves. The Shocks need a point to run the team in the future, long term, desperately.
      I seem to recall recruiting this kid out of the Memphis area..... Lomax, wasn't it?

I wonder whatever happened to that kid.
      The Assman

Comment

It will be interesting to see where Austin decides to go as I think there is a desire to be closer to home for him. Wichita isn't crazy far from home for him, but the University of Arkansas would be a heck of a lot closer, obviously. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go there.

Comment

Is it Friday afternoon, 4/20/18 yet?
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
          It will be interesting to see where Austin decides to go as I think there is a desire to be closer to home for him. Wichita isn't crazy far from home for him, but the University of Arkansas would be a heck of a lot closer, obviously. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go there.
          You're probably correct; I know Austin loves to hunt and fish... he's a true outdoorsman. "He likes big bass and he cannot lie..."
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Lol - Big-Bass
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Might be sour grapes but IMHO AR and LS both pooped their britches. Time will tell.

Comment

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                might be

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              I like a pure point guard as much as anyone. However, too much is made about a pure pg. Besides Fred, and one year with Armstead, I’m not sure we’ve ever had another one. Joe Ragland was not a pure point, Clevin Hannah did a nice job but was not a pure pg. Toure wasn’t a pure pg. Landry, Austin, and Conner weren’t pure pg’s either. Like I said, too much is made of it when One uses the word charged word DESPERATE. We’ve been Top 20 w/o a pure pg.

Comment

• Slykryck
                Slykryck commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed. Game is changing at all levels. Last 3 NBA MVPs and the leading candidate this year were all PGs...not one of them is a “true” PG.

• Yeah, but you've made my point, thank you. What kind of March success did those converted shooting guards have? I don't think any of them would ever be confused with James Harden.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                Yeah, but you've made my point, thank you. What kind of March success did those converted shooting guards have? I don't think any of them would ever be confused with James Harden.
                I doubt if we will ever have a Fred again. I wish we would but he probably was a Top 5 Point guard in 2015-16. Landry won the 2017 MVC Tournament by a 20 point average and a 4 Seed in 2018. Joe Ragland went undefeated in the 2011 NIT, and a 5 Seed in 2012. Clevin wasn’t on a talented team. Toure really became a Point guard in the NBA.

Joe played point guard on his Juco team as did Clevin ( who shared the point guard duties with Armstead). Armstead shared PG duties with Fred in 2013 (Armstead played shooting guard when Fred was in too). Landry also played some point guard in high school.

The one thing that set Fred and Armstead apart from the others were that they were the verbal and figurative Team Leader. It was their team and they were natural leaders. The others didn’t have that naturally. I hope we find that type of leadership in one of our PGs.
                Last edited by Shockm; April 19, 2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  4 spots to fill, one already filled.
                  Based on today's events with Austin Reaves, I'd suggest that the next time WSU signs someone this thread name needs to be changed. The Shocks are starting to run low on guys to leave and still have three spots to fill.

Also, whoever said it was going to be a long season if Reaves has to play PG next year needs to brush up on "Be careful what you wish for."

Comment

Working...
                  X