No announcement yet.

3 Down, 1 to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doubt it matters too much on the class congestion what with all the transferring going on now a days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
      I doubt it matters too much on the class congestion what with all the transferring going on now a days.
      That may be true over time but doesn't mean for a year or two while that is being worked out it won't present some challenges.

I my opinion, unless your are reloading with 5-star one and ones every year and there aren't very many programs that do, it does matter to some extent. If nothing else, having an exerienced group of Seniors and Juniors every year is helpful in terms of players coaching players and teaching the newbies the culture and expectations of the program. And while it may not count as much as it used to I think experience still counts on the court.

It's not a disaster by any means especially when you have a very solid recruiting class like 3G has been able to put toghether. I suspect it will work its way out eventually through a combination of transfers out and transfers in (including Jucos) and redshirting but I also expect that might take a couple more years..

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        I think 3G can handle anything as it pertains to recruiting and class turnover but the "surprise transfers" really sting.

We're going to be recruiting many more players with NBA potential than in the past. Roster volatility is only going to get worse. This is a problem we should be happy to face.

T

...:cool:

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That may be true over time but doesn't mean for a year or two while that is being worked out it won't present some challenges.

I my opinion, unless your are reloading with 5-star one and ones every year and there aren't very many programs that do, it does matter to some extent. If nothing else, having an exerienced group of Seniors and Juniors every year is helpful in terms of players coaching players and teaching the newbies the culture and expectations of the program. And while it may not count as much as it used to I think experience still counts on the court.

It's not a disaster by any means especially when you have a very solid recruiting class like 3G has been able to put toghether. I suspect it will work its way out eventually through a combination of transfers out and transfers in (including Jucos) and redshirting but I also expect that might take a couple more years..
      A couple of more years is when it is really important, so we are right on schedule?
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe right on schedule. We can do without the curve balls like A-Lo's decommit and Austin's transfer but 3G seems to be pretty adept at hitting a D-1 curve ball. But like most hitters he probably prefers fast balls over the middle of the plate.

• Wingett, Alvarez or Bryant please

Comment

• I’m betting the house on Amin.
        The Assman

Comment

• We don't need more freshmen... We need D-1 experience on the fly...

Comment

• If we sign a grad trfr, every minute that player is on the court is a minute that a Fr will not be on the court. The newcomers need court time.

Unless a grad trfr can take us to an NCAA berth, then that grad trfr has done nothing except take minutes away from a player who needs those minutes. Next year is probably a throw away after losing 6 seniors and two other starters. IMHO it's probably best to use next year as preparation for 2020. I'm not seeing any available grad trfr's that can take McDuffie and a bunch of Fr to the NCAA's.

We can have one or two guys trfr out each of the next 2 years to take care of the class imbalance. That would just be normal turnover.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              Bad logic

• asiseeit
              asiseeit commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with Aargh - give me a talented freshmen for FOUR years unless the grad transfer
              is a real difference maker. I'm not sure he is better with the experience than any of the
              three guys I listed above

• I’m in the kool-aid drinking minority, but with coach Marshall at the helm, I expect to be in the NCAA tournament next year and the following year (s)...

68058328.jpg
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• i-am-borat-meme.jpg
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Come to CKA Amin, and this is what you could be.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Kevin McCullar is a 6-6, 180-pound Small Forward from San Antonio, TX.

This guy just reclassified to 2018 and is apparently still looking according to the Rivals Kstate site. 4* player.

Comment

• Did you call Gregg Marshall yet? No offer as of yet

Comment

• I feel like this year, Amin would be a bigger contributor than Alvarez could, and I feel like we could find a 4*-type PG for 2019 who would be better as a long-term point for the future. As the high-upside options are dwindling, such as Ndiaye and Arop signing elsewhere, I am thinking the grad-transfer route is the best option for both next season and the future.

Comment

• Grad transfer would help break up the freshman heavy recruiting class.
                          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Working...
                          X