3 Down, 1 to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Down, 1 to Go

Due to the number of potential recruits popping up in the Recruiting thread to fill our 3 open roster spots, I was having a hard time keeping up with all of them.

Decided I would post here the players being discussed or in the mix and update as needed. Their names are clickable to their thread. Please let me know of any additions or changes I should make.

PG:
    James Akinjo Georgetown
    Tyler Cheese (Juco) Akron
    Neftali Alvarez
    Andres Feliz (Juco) Illinois
    Courtney Ramey Texas
    Aaron Calixte (Grad) Oklahoma
    David Nichols (Grad) Florida State
    Justin Coleman (Grad)
    Ricky Torres (Juco) Wichita State
    Tyler Harris Memphis
    Joseph Chartouny (Grad) Marquette
    Amir Harris**
    Isaiah Tisdale (Juco) ETSU

Combo Guards:
    Serrel Smith Maryland
    Joe Cremo (Grad) Villanova
    Myreon James Penn St
    Ehad Amin (Grad) Nevada
    Wendell Mitchell (Juco) Texas A&M
    Jamarius Burton Wichita State

SG/SF:
    Dexter Dennis Wichita State
    Berrick Jean-Louis
    Blake Hinson Ole Miss
    Brandon Mahan (Juco) Texas A&M
    Michael Wynn

SF/PF:
    Keyshawn Bryant
    Aguek Arop San Diego St
    Teddy Allen Wichita State transfer from West Virginia (as someone posted, perhaps Power Guard is the correct position)

PF:
    KC Hankton
    Bryce Golden Butler
    Carlos Curry

PF/C
    Abdou Ndiaye Illinois State

** Added Amir Harris 2018 due to being included in Taylor Eldridge's 4/17/2018 article, however, no thread on him at this time.
    Last edited by ShockTalk; May 8, 2018, 11:37 PM.

1. Cremo 2. Akinjo 3. Bryant my choices

Comment

We might get Bryant

Comment

Dennis, Akinjo, Smith

Comment

Dennis, Bryant, Alverez

Comment

FYI...

Didn't see a thread for Bryce Golden. Probably headed to Syracuse, but:

Coach Shop‏ @CoachShopSJ

After decommitting from Pitt, 6'9 @SaintJamesHoops senior PF Bryce Golden has narrowed his list to Butler, Georgetown, Syracuse, Illinois, UConn and Wichita St. Expects to reduce further and schedule official visits this week.

Comment

Updated Mahan, Golden, and Curry.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Am I the only one anxious to see an announcement from a recruit? Give something to get excited about.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

I think 75% of shockernet is on pins and needles

Comment

The other 25% forgot their login

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                        I think 75% of shockernet is on pins and needles
                        I need a lot broader base than a pin or needle. Not even a pitchfork would work. That aside, yes, I'm anxious.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I am not optimistic, and I expect we will sign Alvarez. We seem to be the best program recruiting him.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            I am not optimistic, and I expect we will sign Alvarez. We seem to be the best program recruiting him.
                            i’m not sure that’s a good thing

Comment

• Dan
                              Dan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              everyone likes to point to Fred and Ron but we also have a slew of CJ Keysers

• Aargh
                              Aargh commented
                              Editing a comment
                              We were far from the best program recruiting VanVleet. He stayed committed to WSU when he absolutely blew up during AAU ball between his Jr. and Sr. HS years.. For every Baker that comes out of a small HS, there are probably thousands who played at a small HS and then try to make it at the D1 level, but can't do it.

I'm not confident that a Fr PG transitioning from a small HS to D1 ball is a good plan for either a starting PG or a first-line backup PG

• Dan
                              Dan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I just think about how badly we need an impact PG. We really took a blow with both Landry leaving and Lomax decommitting. Lomax would have been an impact player. Strong, heady PG from a major bball school/AAU program. I look at Alvarez he just appears to be way below both of these guys. He may be a good PG in a couple years, but he's small framed and nothing really jumps off the screen when I watch him play. I'm sure there's a lot of people on here excited about him, but it's such a letdown to go from what we had coming in to what we're looking at now. We need a PG more than anything else right now and the staff should be able to sell that to the top available PGs. I hope they are successful and happy with whoever we land.

I’m expecting to start seeing some of the dominoes start falling now that signing period is opening up. Hopefully good news is imminent.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                            X