• Show
Clear All

Night John boy!!!

Comment

Got to get the lost count up, eh?
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Amin played for a team with an rpi of 326. His stats were put up against schools of the type where Haynes-Jones put up 30-point games.

There are two reasons to give this guy a scholarship:

1) You may as well give the last scholarship to someone.
        2) You don't have to cut him to get him out of the program after a year.
        Amin went 10/14 from 2 against Oklahoma State his junior season. Our entire team made 16 2 point FGs against Oklahoma State that year. Having someone that can drive the basketball will be a nice weapon we haven’t seen much of lately.

Comment

• Topshock
          Topshock commented
          Editing a comment
          We couldn't drive on anyone because the lane was full of players because we wouldn't spread the floor.

Yes. There is more negativity regarding this player from a cast of evaluators who have viewed a 10 to 20 second video on a computer and some statistical sheets than is fair. If Amin is a priority of our coaching staff, I trust they will visit with his coaches and actually watch him play. Player experience is still important and Amin has played Div. 1 college basketball. Remember the low Div. 1 teams have more talent than we give credit for and they give higher ranked teams a run for their money.

Comment

This guy would be an interesting piece to our lineup. If he’s a PG, I would guess 3G plans to use SHJ more at the 2 because I think Torres is going to take over as the primary PG and we typically don’t use more than 2 PGs. On the other hand, I would imagine a grad transfer is looking for a place where he can be a starter and I’m not sure he will get that at WSU unless he starts at the 2 or 3.

Comment

• Aargh
            Aargh commented
            Editing a comment
            He split his time at aTm-CC between PG and PF.

Several posters think that SHJ is more of an off guard. I think his VALUE is at point where he can use
          his speed and quickness. He is probably pretty ordinary as a shooter from the wing and because of his
          height he can't make the low post entry pass as easily as a longer wing. I want him at point and
          and beating his man off the dribble / breaking down the defense setting up the wings for threes or a
          center after SHJ has beaten his man. HIS strong suit is speed and quickness which would be wasted
          as a catch and shoot wing. In addition, he won't be able to defend other much bigger wings. If he ever
          learns to see the court better and find open team mates he has the potential to be a VERY good PG.
          I firmly believe he has the physical tools to be an outstanding PG and could very well start.
          Last edited by asiseeit; May 4, 2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge reports on Ehab:

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...210354944.html

Landing Amin would not only make WSU better next season, but it would also help break up a massive recruiting class that will feature eight first-year players on the Shockers. Amin would join junior-college transfers Jaime Echenique and Ricky Torres as non-freshman recruits.
            Whether or not landing Amin would make the Shockers better next season vs landing another freshman is uncertain. However, his fit on a roster with a total of 5 years D-1 experience (and that is counting a full year for Asbjorn's limited game minutes) and, at this point only 2 seniors, 2 juniors 1 sophomore and 7 freshmen is of some value I think.

Hopefully, he is fully recovered from his hip injury and, if we siign him, he will be able to stay healthy next season.

If the is is the route 3G wants to take I certainly would not question that. Hopefully, we will have the final scholarship for 2018 resolved by the end of next week (although I don't think it will take that long).
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 4, 2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Read where he went to the DooDah Diner; coach Marshall’s pulling out the heavy artillery.

Watermarked%2BPhoto%2B9%2B%25282016-05-04-0817%2529.jpg
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If even one freshmen can learn the art of stealing the ball from this young man then his one year at Wichita State would be worth it... And he can help keep us competitive and break up the classes a little

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Looks happier than N’Diaye did! ;)
                    The Assman

Comment

• Bluzrover
                      Bluzrover commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is exactly what I was going to post. I'm watching Twitter but have yet to see an announcement. I would expect someone to commit to us sooner rather than later. I have no idea why I think that, I just do.

Makes you wonder how happy Eric Stevenson was when he visited...

Comment

Not interested in this guy at all. Not interested in playing 4 vs 5 either. I'll stand by today waiting for 3G's phone call as to my opinion on the issue...

P.S. Aren't we a little guard-heavy at this point?

T

...:cool:

Comment

The coaches have more film and more data on this one... To me he has found a way to be very effective in an unconventional way.... I am sure Cotton's advanced stats were questionable as well, but I remember him turning more "go to guys" into passive players than any other shocker. I also think there is value in a one year guy that can play immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          Not interested in this guy at all. Not interested in playing 4 vs 5 either. I'll stand by today waiting for 3G's phone call as to my opinion on the issue...

P.S. Aren't we a little guard-heavy at this point?

T

I haven't done an official breakdown of the incoming and current roster, but I want to say as we sit currently we are more than a little forward heavy. A guard for the final spot might just be what is needed for balance.

Comment

• Bluzrover
                            Bluzrover commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I tend to agree with this as well. We WERE guard heavy until the departure of CJ and Austin but I suppose one could say we've filled those two holes with Jamarius and Ricky. I don't know how this kid's game will translate to the AAC but I do like the idea of breaking up the class and having three schollies for 2019. There is a lot of good HS talent to be had for the 2019 class and I'd like to think 3G and the staff is already mining, er, shaving in that regard.

• C0|dB|00ded
                            C0|dB|00ded commented
                            Editing a comment
                            We've got 3 PG's at this point and some tall dudes that play like guards (or wanna play like guards). Three potential bangers down low and some mid-sized all-position hustlers so not a bad mix. I guess it doesn't really matter what size player we sign but this one seems underwhelming.

T

Working...
                        X