• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Cremo 6'4 G Grad Transfer to Villanova

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...f-12792196.php

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...8721/joe-cremo

I thing this kid would do well here.
    Last edited by WheatShock; March 30, 2018, 11:09 AM.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Are we looking at either of these guys, or just random transfer possibilities?
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
      Are we looking at either of these guys, or just random transfer possibilities?
      Just possibilities at this point.

One thing I like about this kid is that ha made more FTs that anyone on our team attempted last year. Seems like he has a willingness to drive.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I like the idea. Was just hoping you’d heard something more somewhere.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Per 40 minute basis
          Player Joe Cremo David Nichols
          G 32 32
          GS 32 31
          MP 1128 1082
          FG 6.5 6.1
          FGA 14.1 15.6
          FG% 0.458 0.394
          2P 3.8 4
          2PA 8.2 9.8
          2P% 0.459 0.411
          3P 2.7 2.1
          3PA 5.9 5.8
          3P% 0.458 0.365
          FT 4.6 2.9
          FTA 5.7 3.7
          FT% 0.819 0.772
          TRB 4.7 5
          AST 4.3 4.1
          STL 1 1.4
          BLK 0.3 0.3
          TOV 2.4 3
          PF 2.5 3.1
          PTS 20.2 17.3
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The problem is that we are not likely to be in the dance next year, even with an experienced PG. These guys explicitly want to dance their final year. I would rather have a freshman PG take his lumps and HCGM not have the escape valve to pull. I know we will probably have a JUCO PG to help balance the classes, but I just wish coach would have a look down the bench and see no options when a talented freshman pulls a Demetric Williams.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              bingo

• shoxtop
              shoxtop commented
              Editing a comment
              Except, as it stands today, it’s much more likely to be our senior pg pulling a Demetric Williams

Cremo has a good offensive rating (120.0), Could be some concern when you look at it versus Tier A+B, it drops to 104 (2 opponents), previous year it was 86 versus 7 opponents. His 3pt shooting drops off significantly also against quality opponents.

Comment

The interest is official.

Comment

Let’s win the battles for Joe and James!
                The Assman

Comment

Either way I'm sure we will be happy with the two guards we sign

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is more than a possibility that Marshall may have to "settle" for whoever he can get. I reserve the roight to not be happy with just taking the last two guys available.

I wasn't "happy" with either Daishon Smith or Samajae Haynes-Jones both before and after I saw them on the court in Shocker gear.

Not sure I understand the real interest here other than him being a grad transfer.

He's 6'4" and played 35 mpg and Nichols, 6', played 34 mpg. I've seen Nichols listed as the PG, but given their stats, it was probably a "shared" thing.

Cremo and Nichols had many other similar stats: C 17.8 ppg, N 14.6 ppg / C 4.1 rpg, N 4.3 rpg / C 3.8 apg, N 3.5 apg / C 2.1 tpg, N 2.5 tpg. Neither had much of an A/TO.

Where Cremo was clearly better was in shooting %. FG% of .458 vs .394 and 3p% .458 vs .365. Both were very good from the line, but Cremo was better at .819.

Cremo had 27 steals and Nichols was better at 37. Note that LS and CF both had only 23 (I was surprised that CF had the same number of steals playing almost 300 minutes less than LS). Daishon Smith last year had 35 steals in about 500 minutes less than LS played this year.

I guess my point is, Cremo seems to be more of a SG and a boardline PG.

Comment

• AndShock
                    AndShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We need guards, not just PGs.

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    2/3s --- AR a 2-3, Stevenson a 2, Kesyer a 2-3, Moore a 3, and Brown a 6'6" 3-4 (he was a 6'4" 3 out of HS). I'm guessing that HCGM hopes AR doesn't have to play a lot of 3 (or 1).

PG --- SHJ, AR in a pinch.

If HCGM thinks Cremo can play the 1, I'm in.

All in time... Being in a new conference should pay dividends in recruiting sooner rather then later

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking for a PG because there are none on the roster or in the recruiting class, in April, is not known for paying dividends.

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Everyone already knows that next year may be a building year but even a year like that can still build dividends too by learning, or If no dividends, then we could just give up maybe?

Wasn't 2012-2013 a team full of new faces.... Seemed to come together quite nicely if my memory serves me right

Comment

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    12-13? Several new faces, yes, age and experience, no. Returning seniors of Armstead, Williams, Hall, and Orupke. JuCo JRs Early, Lufile, and Wiggins and Coleby was a SR transfer from LA-Lafayette (RS year). Baker a R-FR with FVV and Green the only true freshmen. Cotton was a sophomore.

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The point being we lost 5 starters from the year before on a team that was a 5 seed from the lowly Valley. Typically those teams don't reload.

We were predicted to finish 4th in the conference rather than 4th in the nation. We're facing just about the same questions now as that team did then.

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Similar questions, not about the same questions. We knew a lot more about the experience and level of play from our returnees in 12-13 (Hall, Williams, Cotton, Orupke, and White), plus regarding a very experienced D-I RS PG in Armstead and RS freshmen SG in Baker. We can maybe agree to disagree.

Anything is possible with a few new players being able to shine sooner rather than later

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bingo. That's a more accurate summation of what I was trying to describe above. It wouldn't be the first time under Marshall that WSU exceeded predictions.

Hey, where are all of our resident Chicken apologists?

*oops* wrong thread. I was kinda' amped up, I suppose.
                  Last edited by ShockingButTrue; April 1, 2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X