Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Torres 6'3 PG 2018 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

SHJ is still TBD on that.
    Was he a first team though?

Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      No second team

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Another JUCO AA. Have we ever had a JUCO AA that hasn’t turned out to be a solid contributor at a minimum in the Marshall era? Honest question.
    Samajae was a 2nd Team JUCO All-American.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
      So does this most likely mean the ship has sailed for Alvarez and now we just go after the best available like Ndiaye?
      Perhaps the ship sailed right by Alvarez as he watched, but that’s just speculation.

Comment

• Walker
        Walker commented
        Editing a comment
        It sure seems that way and if it did, it possibly worked out the best for us. I guess it's possible they can still bring him in to shore up the depth at the 1 but seems unlikely if the staff see Burton as 1. I feel a lot better than a did a few days ago.

• anybody checked on the SMU peeps. I bet they are pissed lol
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• shocks02
        shocks02 commented
        Editing a comment
        They were talking some mad game...yesterday

• Alvarez to Sunrise for a year would be nice.

Comment

• Shock Top
        Shock Top commented
        Editing a comment
        And Bryant. I know there is only one opening for next season, but as evident from this offseason, you never know what’s going to happen.

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely. I've wondered previously if that was maybe what was holding up Alvarez, the possibility that WSU was trying to guide him to Sunrise.

• shock
        shock commented
        Editing a comment
        We will lose 3-4 from this class. Too many hosses

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
      Alvarez to Sunrise for a year would be nice.
      BRB... re-calibrating my meter.

Comment

• From what I read, sounds like they are missing on several of their top targets.

Comment

• Obligatory check-in on Stevenson's twitter: https://twitter.com/ej_stevenson5?lang=en

Comment

• forevershockerfan
            forevershockerfan commented
            Editing a comment
            He needs to be our new player that shows new recruits an encouraging Shocker like visit. Then when he is done with his career someday, bring him in to be a new recruiting coach.

• ShockerPhi
            ShockerPhi commented
            Editing a comment
            Stevenson is shaping up to be my favorite Shocker over the next 4 years. Seems to have the hype-man mentality of Zach Bush, but will actually be a contributor/starter. No offense to Zach Bush at all, as he's one of my all-time favorite Shockers.

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Perhaps the ship sailed right by Alvarez as he watched, but that’s just speculation.
          My gut reaction is that it was 3G who kept Alvarez on a string until he was sure he could not do better and perhaps more experienced as opposed to Alvarez not wanting to do the deal. Alvarez may still be a possiblity but I'm also thinking that Abdou Ndiaye is now 3G's #1 target and focus.

And while Alvarez still might be a possibility he may not be interested in potentially being an understudy for two years behind Ricky Torres. At this point 3G may want to wait until next year to add his point guard of the future when at most that player would only be an under study for one year ala Fred.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 25, 2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• I see JB as the understudy

Comment

• Don't forget we've got Burton as well

Comment

• 8 assists per game is a compelling reason to be excited about this kid.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• So.....this recruiting class....started off the Sensational Six......what is it now?

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's up to the Electric Eight at this point, or possibly the Exceptional Eight, or Extrordinary Eight. If I think a little longer I might come up with more, but by that time we may need an alliterative combo with Nine.

• MadaboutWu
                    MadaboutWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Or the Elite Eight.

• Bluzrover
                    Bluzrover commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We're about to get to the "Nasty Nine" once Abdou signs.

• Awesome news, Great Day to be a Shocker fan!
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post
                    I see JB as the understudy
                    Very possible. It's interesting that Jamarius and Ricky took their official visits to Wichita State at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                    X