Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Torres 6'3 PG 2018 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    I'm hoping he's coming to WSU. I'll be glad when we can fill these last 2 spots and move on to the next step for the 2018-19 season. This spring has been a rollercoaster of ups and downs.

Comment

Time to get Erik Stevenson on the job!
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Time to get Erik Stevenson on the job!
        Request granted...

Comment

I feel this one is up in the air. He only has a couple years of eligibility left, so he will want to go somewhere that will be good now. Who knows what we will be next season. Also, with Burton committing he is not guaranteed playing time. You still can’t count out 3G in recruiting though. This is a pretty wide open race from where I sit. Let’s get Baker on the phone. Stevenson is already doing work!
          Attached Files

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            i think WSU or Ron himself originating a conversation between Ron and Rickey would be a recruiting violation. However, Rickey is free to reach out ot Ron or Fred or Austin or any other former Shocker players if he wants to.

• Shockm
            Shockm commented
            Editing a comment
            Not if it's KU. They would be a victim. :)

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
          I feel this one is up in the air. He only has a couple years of eligibility left, so he will want to go somewhere that will be good now. Who knows what we will be next season. Also, with Burton committing he is not guaranteed playing time. You still can’t count out 3G in recruiting though. This is a pretty wide open race from where I sit. Let’s get Baker on the phone. Stevenson is already doing work!
          I’m not sure either of the other AAC finalists have a drastically better chance than us to suceed (SMU and USF)

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I’m not sure either of the other AAC finalists have a drastically better chance than us to suceed (SMU and USF)
            I would agree with that. I was mainly referring to Virgina Tech, who went to the tourney last year and return 4 starters, and Auburn, who should be a top 10 team next season.

Comment

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              Virginia Tech's Point Guard and probably best player is returning. They have several (3-4) returning guards that played quite a few minutes and started games, and have signed a Freshman Point Guard and Shooting Guard already. While competition is good, he may be walking into more than he bargains for.

He will start here

Comment

and by his senior year, we could be pretty legit again...

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                Why wait that long?

• N Crestway
                N Crestway commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, he will probably be getting a lot of minutes next year, but don't forget Jones. There is probably some upside for him in his senior year.

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, there ain't no downside

SHJ knows the offense, so he begins ahead. He is a superior athlete so if he's been listening to the coaches on what to improve, he ma have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                SHJ knows the offense, so he begins ahead. He is a superior athlete so if he's been listening to the coaches on what to improve, he ma have a chance.
                But if there are more than 200 people in the stands he might have an anxiety attack.

Comment

SHJ is athletic enough to make an impact, However, he is no where remotely close to being on par with FVV in terms of his BBIQ (unfair comparison, I know). His lack of it BBIQ shows in his out of control drives to the basket where he either gets a charge called on him, gets swatted or turns the ball over. Every time I watched him turn on the gas and drive to the basket I'm thinking here we go again and sure enough, something negative happens. I certainly hope an epiphany happens during the off season for him.

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I never really thought his drives were out of control, he just never figured out that guys are gonna come at him from all directions and swat those weak finger rolls right off the rim. The way he would extend his arm like he was in slow motion made it so easy to pick those shots off. Now is he can figure that out and maybe add a stop and pop short jumper, he may do ok.

Fred knew how to attack and physically put his body into taller defenders to ward off their blocks. He could keep them off balance and they couldn't block his layups.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    Fred knew how to attack and physically put his body into taller defenders to ward off their blocks. He could keep them off balance and they couldn't block his layups.
                    Still can't!
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

He's announcing at 11 tomorrow

Comment

Here’s Hoping tomorrow is fruitful.

Comment

Working...
                        X