Caleb Grill 2019 Maize G to UNLV to Iowa St to Mizzou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caleb Grill 2019 Maize G to UNLV to Iowa St to Mizzou

Just got a offer from Ford at Missouri State. Also holds offers from Colorado State and South Dakota State. Son of former Shocker guard Chris Grill from the Randy Smithson era. Anyone know of any interest? https://247sports.com/college/missou...KSHS-116668928
    Professional gas passer.

I’m not a great talent evaluator, but this kid looks good. More athletic than his father; Chris was a tough defender. Junior can dunk! :)
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Wasn't Chris a very good 3 point shooter......unless someone was close to his grill?

At least we won’t have to worry about him going off against us twice a year.

Comment

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

If he is anything like Chris he will be extremely tough, have a high BBIQ and play bigger than 6'3.
        Think a little smaller version of Evan W.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          If he is anything like Chris he will be extremely tough, have a high BBIQ and play bigger than 6'3.
          Think a little smaller version of Evan W.
          The 1st statement you are 100% correct, the kid has a very high BB IQ, tough and plays above the rim with relative ease. He's a pure guard tho and isnt interested in low post post ups & paint dirty work.

The 2nd statement, respectively disagree 100%. Nothing Caleb does reminds me of Evan, except playing with a chip on his shoulder. Caleb is a better pure scorer, higher vert, and isn't as interested in dirty work & tough D. Caleb was the scorer and go to guy on a pretty good Miaze squad while Evan had specific roles on a stacked Heights squad.. That translated well to WSU where Evan was able to expand on his skills but still be in that role player position to where we didn't have to rely on him to drop pts for him to effectively help us, out on the court. Having no inside knowledge on his recruitment, I'd predict he lands at a mid-major D-1 that fits his skill sets nicely, or Juco to help garnish even better offers if he doesn't find a great fit after his SR year. With that being said, depending on his summer circuit, physical development, etc., I could see him garnishing (garnering) some higher D-1 program offers.

body compositions also differ greatly
          Last edited by small tyme baller; March 26, 2018, 11:39 AM.
          Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

• BOBB
            BOBB commented
            Editing a comment
            Parsley offered today. I heard horseradish is expressing heavy interest.

• asiseeit
            asiseeit commented
            Editing a comment
            I qualified my remark by saying if he was anything like Chris - one of the toughest players we have had

BOBB - I deserve that with my choice of words lol but do you have anything of substance to offer except English lessons??

Also, per Twitter - was offered by WSU (Pac-12 Washington State) this morning. Apparently, the larger offers will be rolling in sooner rather than later. I'd choose Parsley over MO State and Dana Ford's DA, any day of the week.

Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

• BOBB
            BOBB commented
            Editing a comment
            Just having a little fun. If he can rock some Z Cavaricci, Zodiacs, a Cosby sweater and gold chain with the same panache as his father then I am all for extending an offer.

Chris Grill was a hard player with a limited skill set. We rarely saw both together in Randy's run. I have absolutely zero value to add to the Caleb discussion. I haven't seen him play.

• small tyme baller
            small tyme baller commented
            Editing a comment
            BOBB, this is a Fun Free Zone!!! Haha

I like what I'm seeing, he's shooting and making a lot of threes near NBA range and more importantly, he's got a very quick release for a high school player which will only get better. I'm very impressed and hope we're giving this kid serious looks. We've seen a lot of teams going with 4 guard lineups in March Madness, how about him and Stevenson on the court at the same time?

Comment

Nm

Comment

Committed to South Dakota State. Had received offers from SMU, Texas Tech, and Nebraska within the last month.

Comment

Schools from the Pac-12, Big Ten and Big 12 were recruiting shooting guard Caleb Grill, but he preferred the program where he felt most wanted.

Comment

I know Chris Grill personally. Dude is a competitor. His kid is a competitor. Great people to build a program around.
                  Professional gas passer.

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                    I know Chris Grill personally. Dude is a competitor. His kid is a competitor. Great people to build a program around.
                    Yes, Chris is a competitor. I was on the freshman team when Chris was a senior at Augusta High School. I once almost got a rebound on him. Glad to see him and his family having success!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

South Dakota State coach headed to UNLV. I wonder what this might do to Caleb’s plans.
                      78-65

Comment

• shoxlax
                        shoxlax commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That’s a weird hire by UNLV-great coach but thought they were looking for a little splash and show

If SD State hands it to one of his assistants don’t think it would change anything.

No doubt Caleb could help a lot of teams even at the high major level. He’s got some Rob Barker in him.

Yes, but only if the "price is right".

Comment

Working...
                      X