Caleb Grill 2019 Maize G to UNLV to Iowa St to Mizzou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Don't know but that is what 247 lists him as. From the tape it looks like he could easily play either guard spot. Click
    on his name and watch the tape.
    Looks more like a SG to me but what do I know?

Comment

• He may be able to play some point and fill in at the other wing. . He looks to have a high bb IQ but they wouldn’t be his main positions.

Comment

• Forecast: Grady Dick to KU, then transfers to Wichita

Comment

• Does anyone know why he is transferring in the first place? Is it because of playing time? If somehow he ended up here, he might be in the same position as there, wanting more playing time. If he wants more playing time, he needs to improve his shooting a lot. Maybe Marshall could bring him in as a preferred walk-on.

If he was from any other state, no one here would even been talking about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            Does anyone know why he is transferring in the first place? Is it because of playing time? If somehow he ended up here, he might be in the same position as there, wanting more playing time. If he wants more playing time, he needs to improve his shooting a lot. Maybe Marshall could bring him in as a preferred walk-on.

If he was from any other state, no one here would even been talking about him.
            He reportedly wants to be closer to home. And we are talking about him because GM has reached out to him. The same reason we are talking about all of the other recruits.

Comment

• A scholarship player from a Big 12 school is not going to come here as a preferred walk-on...

Comment

• Has it happened before? I would think odds aren’t high that anyone come to WSU as a preferred walk on. Can anyone think of a Big 12 scholarship player or any scholarship player coming to the Shox as a preferred Walk on?

i would doubt it would happen.

Comment

• It is insulting to suggest a walk on spot. This guy can definitely play for WSU. We will be fortunate to get him. He would play many minutes for us next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                    It is insulting to suggest a walk on spot. This guy can definitely play for WSU. We will be fortunate to get him. He would play many minutes for us next season.
                    I hope he ends up at WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                      It is insulting to suggest a walk on spot. This guy can definitely play for WSU. We will be fortunate to get him. He would play many minutes for us next season.
                      I agree it would be an insult to even offer something like this. I do love the starting announcements when Don Hall says "And from right here in Wichita Kansas..."

Comment

• Malcolm Armstead did not take a scholarship his transfer year. Sort of an example. He played PAC 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Malcolm Armstead did not take a scholarship his transfer year. Sort of an example. He played PAC 12.
                          And Wichita State isn't exactly expensive, especially if you have family you can live with in town...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Malcolm Armstead did not take a scholarship his transfer year. Sort of an example. He played PAC 12.
                            Right, but that’s because we didn’t have any available scholarships to give his transfer year. I don’t think we have a shortage of available scholarships to give this spring.
                            Last edited by shockersx; March 26, 2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

And Wichita State isn't exactly expensive, especially if you have family you can live with in town...
                              You dumb

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Right, but that’s because we didn’t have any available scholarships to give his transfer year. I don’t think we have a shortage of available scholarships to give this spring.
                                Conner Frankamp agreed to come for a year on his own dime although that was because we didn't have any available scholarships too. I still hope they offer Caleb although I don't think he is our first or even second priority (probably more priorities if I'm honest). We do have 6 scholarships available.

Comment

Working...
                                X