No announcement yet.

Caleb Grill 2019 Maize G to UNLV to Iowa St to Mizzou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really understand the speculation. By the time Grill reopened his recruiting process, we were already on to other guys. Higher ranked players I might add. By the time we got to Wade's scholarship, we had filled the guard spots up. If your asking me who I would chose between Grill and Sherfield, I don't even think there is a debate based upon how both players are thought of at this point. He might turn out to be a great college player, but I am certainly not disappointed based upon who we have and what we know about them.

Comment

On to next season and players in our program

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post
        I don't really understand the speculation. By the time Grill reopened his recruiting process, we were already on to other guys. Higher ranked players I might add. By the time we got to Wade's scholarship, we had filled the guard spots up. If your asking me who I would chose between Grill and Sherfield, I don't even think there is a debate based upon how both players are thought of at this point. He might turn out to be a great college player, but I am certainly not disappointed based upon who we have and what we know about them.
        100% agree with this. I think it's nonsense to speculate or think there was some sort of rift or something that prevented HCGM from recruiting him. Was simply a case of best need and fit for the program, and I'd take Wade/Sherfield any day of the week. Nothing against Grill personally.

Comment

Kid started last night, played 39 minutes, had 9 points, went 3-5 from 3

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Kid started last night, played 39 minutes, had 9 points, went 3-5 from 3
            Too bad "Kid" didn't hit one more shot, but it was probably better for us that he didn't.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Looks like he certainly could play here

Comment

And why did he get away again?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                  And why did he get away again?
                  As I recall Marshall said one of his assistants (who is no longer here) recommended not recruiting him. By the time Marshall had a chance to make his own evaluation, it was too late. Marshall was not happy with the opinion of the former assistant.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

As I recall Marshall said one of his assistants (who is no longer here) recommended not recruiting him. By the time Marshall had a chance to make his own evaluation, it was too late. Marshall was not happy with the opinion of the former assistant.
                    think that was the big white kid from Goddard

Comment

Matt Pile?

Comment

yeah

Comment

Now that you mention it...

...My bad.

Missing Grill was in the same time frame (or am I wrong again?) and I suspect the same reason may have been involved. Linstead and Jones seem to have set the program back a bit. The demand for Marshall's assistants has meant that Marshall has to keep finding assistants. Assistants who can evaluate recruits and develop players can be hard to find.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Just entered the Transfer Portal, per Taylor Eldridge.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                              Just entered the Transfer Portal, per Taylor Eldridge.
                              interesting

Comment

interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X