Tyler Cheese, 6'4" Juco PG to Akron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Cheese, 6'4" Juco PG to Akron

I went to some of the evening session last night and remember hearing his name. Of the four teams I saw, no one stood out to me as high level D1 players. Admittedly, I could have paid more attention than I did.

A++ name.

Nice stats: http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2017-18...ylercheese0cds

Comment

Per twitter, he is visiting between April 6-8
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

One Juco PG and one freshmen PG... possibly someone else from current roster transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
          One Juco PG and one freshmen PG... possibly someone else from current roster transfers.
          I would not be surprised if we surface as being involved with a grad transfer guard. This is literally the perfect spot to get someone like Armstead. Almost a guaranteed starting spot on a team that has been to the tournament for seven straight years.

I guess the only thing going against us is the fact that this coming year may be the one we don't make the tournament... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I would not be surprised if we surface as being involved with a grad transfer guard. This is literally the perfect spot to get someone like Armstead. Almost a guaranteed starting spot on a team that has been to the tournament for seven straight years.

I guess the only thing going against us is the fact that this coming year may be the one we don't make the tournament... Lol
            Blasphemy! Even with the LOL

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• proshox
              proshox commented
              Editing a comment
              In a down year (not a disaster year) - it will be much harder to string wins together in the AAC to justify an "at-large"

Temple was a damn good team that couldn't string enough AAC victories together...

Fred's last year was a rock year and we had no trouble turning the corner in the MVC...

In a great year, the AAC will work in our favor... in an "off" year the MVC was better... in a bad year it doesn't matter

• Rocky Mountain Shock
              Rocky Mountain Shock commented
              Editing a comment
              Sigh.
              In Fred's last year we BARELY made the tournament because we couldn't pick up any quality wins after he came back from injury. We didn't win the conference tournament and squeaked into the tourney and had to play in Dayton.
              In that same scenario but in the AAC, we would have had the opportunity to pick up more quality wins in conference play, and could have improved our seed line.
              Being in the AAC greatly improves our chances of making the tournament in a down year because we don't have to perform at our best at the beginning of the season, and we don't have to win the conference tournament.

• SB Shock
              SB Shock commented
              Editing a comment
              Temple didn’t get into the tournament because they had too many losses against Group 3 and 4 teams. If they just win the games they were suppose to they would have been an at large.

A lefty PG
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Comment

I'm sure he will choose us from your 4... Friends

Comment

Like the size
                  Love that he is a lefty Hoping he can play defense and stop the ball

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                    Vision, handles, I have not so sure about quickness
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Yes please!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

He would bring great size to the position. Can he keep opposing guards out of the lane? This should be a major consideration. Love that he can handle the ball, has size, and can shoot though. Also, having a guy named Cheese would be kind of fun.

Comment

... having a guy named Cheese AGAIN would be kind of fun. FIFY
                          Last edited by Wuzee; April 5, 2018, 10:12 AM.
                          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

He looks pretty good but I only saw one play where he broke down the defense and made it all the way to the bucket. Most of the time he pulled up for a short jumper. One thing I've noticed about highlight videos is that they are often representative of the types of things you can expect from that player. This guy is more like Landry and less like Fred. We still need a guy that can get to the basket. If he has this in his skillset, they need to show this off on his videos.

Comment

Working...
                            X