No announcement yet.

Wendell Mitchell 6'3 G 2018 JUCO to Texas A&M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitchell is a Baylor Bear transfer. Says he likes a flat pick and roll and attacking in transition.

Comment

Taken from Baylor Diehards site: https://www.diehards.com/baylor/bayl...chell-transfer

A redshirt sophomore guard from Rockdale, Texas, Mitchell averaged 2.9 points per game in 25 appearances last season. With starting guards Manu Lecomte and King McClure back next season, Mitchell likely would have reprised his bench role.

Mitchell averaged 25.6 points, 4.0 assists, 5.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists over his high school career. His 1,010 points as a senior led the state of Texas. Mitchell picked Baylor over offers from SMU, Maryland and Butler, among others.

He is the second major Baylor guard prospect to transfer this offseason. Senior Al Freeman transferred to North Carolina State earlier this year. They join Dallas Mavericks forward Johnathan Motley and Baylor football tight end Ish Wainright as departures from the program.

Comment

Hope we can get this kid.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Wendell Mitchell
          @ezbuckschuck
          Follow Follow
          @ezbuckschuck

More

Texas A&M | SMU | Grand Canyon | Dayton | San Deigo St

Top 5 (no order)

Comment

Better take that Texas AM offer

Comment

Scratch one off the list.

Comment

Headed to Texas A&M. I believe SMU was trying hard for Wendell.

Comment

• SMOOfan98
                SMOOfan98 commented
                Editing a comment
                We were. Him and Torres were our top two priorities right now. Torres visited the past weekend.

I'll be damned if I can understand how a player can be exposed to all of the weird-assed traditions that a&m clings to and still choose to go there. Pretty obvious to me that they never let recruits roam the campus and mingle with the student body. Gotta be the strangest fanbase in all of college sports.

aggypedia - your Internet source for debunking aggy
              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                I'll be damned if I can understand how a player can be exposed to all of the weird-assed traditions that a&m clings to and still choose to go there. Pretty obvious to me that they never let recruits roam the campus and mingle with the student body. Gotta be the strangest fanbase in all of college sports.

http://aggypedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
                it’s not a place that an urban fella would feel at home, but then again, neither is Baylor

Comment

Working...
                X