Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    If they win Friday, are they in the State playoffs, and is that the final 8?
    Yes... If they when Friday, they will be in the final 8 in class 4A

Comment

• Fred for president!

Just got through witnessing one of the best performances in high school basketball. Fred went off. Don't know how many steals Fred had but anyone, anyone, anyone that questioned his out side game better find something else in this guys armor. Not only did he light it up in the game he was 13 for 15 in the 3 point contest before the game. I just read what Jay Taft wrote in RRSTAR.com on his tweets in which he said:

JayTaft Five people called Fred Van Vleet the best PG in state after he led Auburn to easy sectional win over Huntley - and only 1 was on his team.

Comment

• Any chance this game can be watched online anywhere?

Comment

• Fred shot 13 for 18 from the field (72.2%). 5 for 7 from 3 point land. He should have shot more 3s. LOL.

Comment

• Not sure why there is a difference in stats from one paper to another but its what's said that was funny.

dailey herald:
            Every time it appeared Huntley might make a run, Van Vleet put an end to it. The Wichita State-bound senior scored 9 points in the third and 12 in the fourth. Van Vleet finished with 35 points, two off his career high, on 13 of 19 shooting. He was 5-for-9 from behind the 3-point line.
            “If he’s hitting outside shots, there’s really nothing you can do, at least no one on our team can guard him,” Manning said. “Other teams might have guys who are strong and quick and can probably guard him ... I take that back, I’ve seen guys strong and quick and they can’t guard him either. When he’s hitting an outside shot, you’re at his mercy.”

Comment

• <p>Not sure why there is a difference in stats from one paper to another but its what's said that was funny.<br><br>dailey herald:<br>Every time it appeared Huntley might make a run, Van Vleet put an end to it. The Wichita State-bound senior scored 9 points in the third and 12 in the fourth. Van Vleet finished with 35 points, two off his career high, on 13 of 19 shooting. He was 5-for-9 from behind the 3-point line.</p><p>“If he’s hitting outside shots, there’s really nothing you can do, at least no one on our team can guard him,” Manning said. “Other teams might have guys who are strong and quick and can probably guard him ... I take that back, I’ve seen guys strong and quick and they can’t guard him either. When he’s hitting an outside shot, you’re at his mercy.”</p>

Comment

• Originally posted by PyroAL View Post
                Not sure why there is a difference in stats from one paper to another but its what's said that was funny.

dailey herald:
                Every time it appeared Huntley might make a run, Van Vleet put an end to it. The Wichita State-bound senior scored 9 points in the third and 12 in the fourth. Van Vleet finished with 35 points, two off his career high, on 13 of 19 shooting. He was 5-for-9 from behind the 3-point line.
                “If he’s hitting outside shots, there’s really nothing you can do, at least no one on our team can guard him,” Manning said. “Other teams might have guys who are strong and quick and can probably guard him ... I take that back, I’ve seen guys strong and quick and they can’t guard him either. When he’s hitting an outside shot, you’re at his mercy.”
                LOVE LOVE LOVE This quote!!.. This guy sum's up FVV's game perfectly...:)

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                  Any chance this game can be watched online anywhere?
                  Check out 1330 wnta.com

Comment

• Mrclove4 - if Auburn wins Friday let me know if you want tickets to NIU. I usally buy a bunch of reserved seating tickets at half court. This year I bought 213 tickets. Good luck Auburn. East will be there so either way the tickets will get used. After watching Auburn play all year I'm pretty impressed that the NIC10 was solid up and down. It will be a tough fight Friday but there not playing Proviso East. When everyone gets over the shock of Jaylin being out I'm sure they will pick it up. I know coach Ott will be on everyones butt tomorrow because they got caught up watching Fred. But then again they had the best seat in the house!

Comment

Mrclove4 - if Auburn wins Friday let me know if you want tickets to NIU. I usally buy a bunch of reserved seating tickets at half court. This year I bought 213 tickets. Good luck Auburn. East will be there so either way the tickets will get used. After watching Auburn play all year I'm pretty impressed that the NIC10 was solid up and down. It will be a tough fight Friday but there not playing Proviso East. When everyone gets over the shock of Jaylin being out I'm sure they will pick it up. I know coach Ott will be on everyones butt tomorrow because they got caught up watching Fred. But then again they had the best seat in the house!
                      I will hit you with a PM... Thanks!

Comment

• I don't know what to think.
                        I am trying to curb my enthusiasm to borrow a phrase.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                          I don't know what to think.
                          I am trying to curb my enthusiasm to borrow a phrase.
                          I think he is going to be prettyyyyy prettyyyyyy pretty good

Comment

• Can't wait to see him in a shocker uni.

Comment

“Other teams might have guys who are strong and quick and can probably guard him ... I take that back, I’ve seen guys strong and quick and they can’t guard him either. When he’s hitting an outside shot, you’re at his mercy.”
                              This quote makes me very happy, PyroAL. I needed that. Oh, yeah...

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                                Can't wait to see him in a shocker uni.
                                I want to see him in a BLACK Shocker uniform. It just seems to me that watching film on him he doesn't get too high or too low its like he is a surgeon cutting the heart out of his opponent.

Comment

Working...
                                X