No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont understand why people dont give Mitchell any credit. He was a junior college All American Honorable Mention and shot over 50% in Junior College. The kid is talented and will get PT

Comment

• Do not underestimate the talent level we will have at both Guard positions next year. The only thing we will be lacking is experience.

Mitchell will be a role guy, and important to the team. FVV has not played with high level talent, so we have not even seen the level at which he is capable of playing. Green will also see some time at the 2 but I think he will be a 3rd guard more than a true 2 with a true 3 out there. Baker, oh Baker. I'll leave it at that.

That doesn't even include the front court talent to go along with those we have returning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        Do not underestimate the talent level we will have at both Guard positions next year. The only thing we will be lacking is experience.

Mitchell will be a role guy, and important to the team. FVV has not played with high level talent, so we have not even seen the level at which he is capable of playing. Green will also see some time at the 2 but I think he will be a 3rd guard more than a true 2 with a true 3 out there. Baker, oh Baker. I'll leave it at that.

That doesn't even include the front court talent to go along with those we have returning.
        Yipes, Stripes, Beechnut Gum!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• All will be revealed in November 2012, eleven months from now.

If Fred gets put on a much higher pedestal, he will go straight to the Hall of Fame, after his freshman year.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
            I don't either. Malcolm is unknown at this time, and DWill is so iffy on whether he will play good or turn the ball over, and Cotton isn't much of a scorer. So, as far as I am concerned FVV might end up being the 2nd best PG for us next year.
            I keep reading about DWill turning the ball over so much. I know he's had a problem for a couple of years, but consider the numbers this year.

JR has averaged 1 turnover every 13.38 minutes. Admittedly, if you take away a game in San Juan and the one at Evansville, that average is much better, but nevertheless this is his average at the moment.

TM has averaged 1 turnover every 11.4 minutes.

TC has averaged 1 turnover every 13.15 minutes.

DW has averaged 1 turnover every 15.47 minutes. Like JR, San Juan hurt his average.

DK has averaged 1 turnover every 15.54 minutes.

All in all, I think DW is doing a pretty decent job of taking care of the ball this year.

Comment

• Vote for Fred for Illinois Mr Basketball: http://hardhoopsnews.com/hhnillinoismrb.html
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• I tweeted it out @wu_shizzle

Nice find.

He was at 522 votes after I voted.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I updated Fred's page over on Shocker Hoops with a couple videos I forgot to add on his page. One is older and is an interview, the other is one I hadn't seen before. Apologies to people who have seen the videos.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I just voted for FVV. He has over 2000 votes and 83% of the votes. The next highest has 380 votes.

Comment

• I know it's hard to do, but compare FVV with Nic Moore from ISU. Like Moore, who was runner-up Mr. Indiana last year, FVV seems to be n that conversation in Illinois. FVV is a little bigger than Moore, but comparable. We have only seen Moore play against us last night, but based on that and his impressive stats on the season, would he log minutes for us this year? My guess is yes. I think FVV plays reasonable minutes next year.

Comment

• Fred's team scored 104 tonight and won by 48 putting the Shock's paltry 37 point margin of victory to shame. Fred with 27.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• VanFleet scored 27 of his teams 104 last night in their win

Comment

• Fred with a game high 26 Saturday in a 76-60 win.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Hey, wushock, there's a lawyer in Wichita named VanFleet, but he has to be in his 70's by now, so I'm almost positive he did not score 26 on Saturday.

Comment

• Fred scored 16 points in their win last night

Comment

Working...
                                X