• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
    Great passes by FVV but his guys can't finish
    took the words right out of my mouth

Comment

• Link to FVV game thread.

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?12101-FVV-in-Provisio-West-Semifinal-match-GAME-THREAD

Comment

• Watch fred go for 3rd place at proviso at 6:30pm cst you can catch it here http://www.highschoolcube.com/school...-auburn-201736 here's the link to the forum post i made to discuss the game when it comes on http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...30pm-cst-12-30

Comment

• NickWayne87, thanks for all your posts. I appreciate following Fred. I think he has a very good chance of being one of the best players to wear a shocker uniform.

Comment

• Fred scored 28 points last night in their win over Harlem

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock View Post
              Fred scored 28 points last night in their win over Harlem
              No other stats, but a quote from FVV.

“The fourth quarter is crunch time, and we all know that as a team we have to turn it up,” said Auburn guard Fred Van Vleet, who scored a game-high 28 points. “We cranked up our defense because they were shooting the lights out. When you get a team that can hit those shots and contested shots — not even open shots — I look at that as a testament to us that we still came out on top. It’s a big achievement for us.”

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• At WSU, Defense will get you everywhere. I'm glad Fred already understands how important the D. really is. It wins championships in many sports.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• but not in golf

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    but not in golf
                    You must not be familiar with "full contact golf."

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      You must not be familiar with "full contact golf."
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        At WSU, Defense will get you everywhere. I'm glad Fred already understands how important the D. really is. It wins championships in many sports.
                        To add on to this post, all recruits have to do to realize Defense gets you early playing time with Coach is to look at Tekele Cotton. He plays strictly for his defensive prowess and it is so evident.

I'd be really surprised if FVV didn't get some minutes his first year, that is unless he's Red Shirted, which could be a possibility with having Malcolm, DWill and Cotton next year. Two Seniors and a strong Sophomore. It's so exciting being a Shocker fan right now. We get the best pure point guard recruit to come through our doors as a Freshman in years and he might get redshirted because we're so deep at the point next year.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          To add on to this post, all recruits have to do to realize Defense gets you early playing time with Coach is to look at Tekele Cotton. He plays strictly for his defensive prowess and it is so evident.

I'd be really surprised if FVV didn't get some minutes his first year, that is unless he's Red Shirted, which could be a possibility with having Malcolm, DWill and Cotton next year. Two Seniors and a strong Sophomore. It's so exciting being a Shocker fan right now. We get the best pure point guard recruit to come through our doors as a Freshman in years and he might get redshirted because we're so deep at the point next year.
                          I don't see redshirting as an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post

Let me re-phrase that. I don't see redshirting him as a viable option that will be seriously considered.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              Let me re-phrase that. I don't see redshirting him as a viable option that will be seriously considered.
                              I don't either. Malcolm is unknown at this time, and DWill is so iffy on whether he will play good or turn the ball over, and Cotton isn't much of a scorer. So, as far as I am concerned FVV might end up being the 2nd best PG for us next year.

Comment

• The thing I love about Cotton is that he doesn't look to score, but is more than capable. He takes smart shots as you can tell with his shooting percentage. I do wish he'd be a little more aggressive at times, but I do also like that he doesn't force things.

Armstead is going to start. Considering what he did at Oregon and in the Pac 10, I think we have a pretty good idea what we get from him.

DWill is an enigma who is very capable of being brilliant. He's going to play quite a bit next year. Even if it's off the bench.

Then there's a guy like Baker who we've heard could run some point. Don't know if we'll see that or not, but it's an option.

I don't know if FVV will RS or not, but it's definitely an option. Especially when we'll have two seniors that can occupy that position.

And Armstead, DWill and Cotton all three can play some pretty good D. FVV will have to work pretty damn hard to get much PT. We'll see what happens.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X