Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
    About how tall is he?
    Most listings I've seen have him at 5'11".
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Rivals names Fred the #1 commit outside the top 150.

Last edited by tropicalshox; October 28, 2011, 01:44 PM.
      In the fast lane

Comment

• That's an interesting award. I'm guessing that means that they've heard he's a top 150 player, but no one has seen him play.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Pretty much. And as I've said before, Bossi said he came in about 151 on the new rankings. Considering nobody had seen him play all summer, that says a little something.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Fred was watching Shocker Madness last night. I thought that was pretty cool.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              Fred was watching Shocker Madness last night. I thought that was pretty cool.
              On Shockervision or in person?
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                On Shockervision or in person?
                ShockerVision.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  Fred was watching Shocker Madness last night. I thought that was pretty cool.
                  And this is a good thing? I was kinda hoping that none of our recruiting targets saw that. It was not our finest hour. And before anyone jumps my back I realize there are reasons for the less-than-stellar performance, but to an impressionable teenager (and face it that is what most of these recruits are) it may look differently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    And this is a good thing? I was kinda hoping that none of our recruiting targets saw that. It was not our finest hour. And before anyone jumps my back I realize there are reasons for the less-than-stellar performance, but to an impressionable teenager (and face it that is what most of these recruits are) it may look differently.
                    What I saw was some hard nosed defense being played in front of 5,000 passionate basketball fans with not alot of BS going on to take away from the atmosphere of actually playing basketball....but thats just me and my sunshine pumping way.

Comment

• RscoutKyle Randle ✔

Fred Vanvleet confirms he will sign with Wichita State in the early signing period November 11-17
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Well, 21, maybe Fred is a serious enough player that he likes seeing basketball instead of buffoonery. That would definitely be a good thing.

Comment

• Always good to hear a recruit publicly reconfirm a verbal. I'm excited for him to get here and begin competing for minutes at PG. I believe WSU will have the deepest talent at that position for years to come.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Next year we will have FIVE point guards:

Armstead
                            Williams
                            Mitchell
                            Cotton
                            VanVleet

I know Demetric will probably start at SG, but that's still a lot of PGs. And with Oshon West practically recruiting himself here, we may still have four in 2013-14. That depth is crazy. Hopefully a couple of them, like Cotton and West (should he come here) can be combo guards.

Comment

• Too early to talk about RS but it would be logical to RS Fred and that would give us three PG's next year with Demetric at the SG.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Next year we will have FIVE point guards:

Armstead
                                Williams
                                Mitchell
                                Cotton
                                VanVleet

I know Demetric will probably start at SG, but that's still a lot of PGs. And with Oshon West practically recruiting himself here, we may still have four in 2013-14. That depth is crazy. Hopefully a couple of them, like Cotton and West (should he come here) can be combo guards.
                                You can never have too many ball handlers. However, I'm not sold on Mitchell being a factor. Maybe I'm wrong. I'd suspect that DWill can and will play both guard spots. Cotton was described in HS as a combo guy. I don't know enough though to say he can or will do that. But FVV may actually find PT tough to come by as a FR. Any way he could RS? How's that for an interesting thought? Our biggest recruit of '12 could be a RS candidate. Then he could start as a RFR if he out plays Cotton who'd be a RSO/JR. But then West could be coming in as a FR. He could then potentially RS. I'm intrigued.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X