Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vtshocker
    Though Wichita State will have to wait one more season for VanVleet and Armstead to take the court, they should be able to depend on Joe Ragland to run one of the Missouri Valley's best offense (along with Creighton's offense) in 2012.
    So ragland is running creighton's offense next year too?

Comment

• @srchoops
      Sean Connor
      Quote from Indy Elite, Atlanta Celtics & Houston: "Fred VanVleet is best guard we've seen all year. We tried every defense. Can't stop him"
      http://twitter.com/#!/srchoops/status/97732495159730176

Comment

• I like to see those quotes. Bossi may not have seen him, but you can't tell me nobody from Rivals took notice. The rest of the AAU circuit sure as hell did!!!
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• ESPN has updated there recruiting ratings and it appears that FVV is now the highest rated for 2012 of all current MVC commits(tied with Kirk of MSU).

Grade 89
          3 stars
          #26 rated PG

Looks like his early summer commit to WSU didn't hurt his evaluation to bad.

:goshocks:

Comment

• Illinois Prep Bullseye gives Fred the summer award for Best Leader in the state. Also makes him the #2 overall recruit in the state for 2012 after evaluations.

Stay informed with the latest news, game recaps, player analysis, and recruiting updates from the world of Illinois high school basketball on THE ILLINOIS PREP BULLS-EYE . Get comprehensive coverage and expert insights to keep you ahead of the game in the Illinois Prep Bulls-Eye's Summer Awards.

Lots of good talk about him in that article.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_
              Illinois Prep Bullseye gives Fred the summer award for Best Leader in the state. Also makes him the #2 overall recruit in the state for 2012 after evaluations.

Stay informed with the latest news, game recaps, player analysis, and recruiting updates from the world of Illinois high school basketball on THE ILLINOIS PREP BULLS-EYE . Get comprehensive coverage and expert insights to keep you ahead of the game in the Illinois Prep Bulls-Eye's Summer Awards.

Lots of good talk about him in that article.
              Simply put, VanVleet is a point guard extraordinaire.
              it is easy to see why they made VanVleet a top recruiting priority from the moment that they first laid eyes on him. We see VanVleet as being a recruiting steal for the Shockers and he currently ranks as our #2 player in Illinois from the class of 2012.
              nuff said...
              :good: :good:
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• New Highlight video posted yesterday. I can't wait to see this kid play.

Don't get me wrong, I loved watching Clevin Hannah and love Joe Ragland, but to have this kid for 4 years is going to be awesome!
                Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Great handles. Sees the court exceptionally well. Has a killer crossover!

Two questions:
                  1) Can he hit the 3 at a high percentage (stroke makes me think he can)?
                  2) Will those great passes get through a Valley D at that speed? They're a little soft.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Another new Youtube upload that caught my eye. http://youtu.be/RAdoi950_bI
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• He's the best high school pt guard in the country, from what I've seen (AAU tournaments confirm that). I just hope he plays at WSU for more than two seasons.

Comment

• Why would he leave?

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker
                          He's the best high school pt guard in the country, from what I've seen (AAU tournaments confirm that). I just hope he plays at WSU for more than two seasons.
                          putting the cart a little before the horse aren't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker
                            He's the best high school pt guard in the country, from what I've seen (AAU tournaments confirm that). I just hope he plays at WSU for more than two seasons.
                            He ain't all that... ;-) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I just hope we can surround VanVleet with the players that can get us back to the Big Dance.

Comment

• VanVleet stands by Wichita State

Atlanta Celtics summer basketball coach DeWayne Jackson watched Fred VanVleet carry Pryme Tyme to upset after upset.

Impressive, but Jackson also paid close attention to VanVleet's behavior off the court. VanVleet, a senior point guard from Rockford, Ill., orally committed to Wichita State in July. Then he stuck with the Shockers even as his reputation grew and high-profile schools made inquiries.

"He's at a tournament at Minneapolis and I see him wearing a Wichita State shirt," Jackson said. "That kid will tell anybody he's committed to Wichita State because that was the first school that recruited him. To be able to get a kid like that to stay loyal after he started getting a lot of recognition... that story about him is a better one than any you could tell."
                                VanVleet, from Auburn High, spent all summer raising his game. He proved he can make jump shots. He continued to prove he can run a team with more maturity and efficiency than most point guards. Pryme Tyme coach Anthony Cornell said he took calls from coaches at schools such as Stanford and Michigan wanting to know how solid VanVleet's commitment stood.

"He told all of them, 'I'm not into that,' " Cornell said.
                                "Fred can pinpoint and pick out the weak spots in a defense," Cornell said. "They're making checkers moves, and he's making chess moves."

Comment

Working...
                                X