No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see - can drive to the basket and finish. Can pull up and hit a mid-range jumper. Can do the "Nate Funk bull rush" to get fouled on a drive. Can create his own shot. Can spot up and shoot 3's. Good FT shooter. Can pull the SG's defender onto himself, then hit the SG for an unguarded 3.

And passing is the best part of his offensive game.

He just makes it look easy. Watch the replay and break down what really happened and he's doing some stuff that's very difficult. I see no problem with him adjusting to the pace of D1 ball on the offensive end. He plays at that tempo.

D will likely need some work. Had 3 fouls early in the second quarter and Baylor players were driving past him in transition.

Even with 3 fouls, they left him in and he finished out the half with no more fouls.

One drrive to the basket didn't result in points. He had a shot blocked on a drive from half court where he started with a great cut off a screen, and then weaved through 3 other players on his way to the hoop. He got blocked, but he got the rebound. 0 TO's according to my count.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Behind the back cross-over while backing up out of the paint after a rebound. That let him get past his guy around the FT line. Another defender came over to pick him up and he immediately hit the unguarded PF for a 1' shot.

Basketball IQ and court vision are through the roof. He's quick to react. When the situation arises, he doesn't seem to have to look or think about it, he just makes the pass when it needs to be made.

Comment

• Going into the 4th qtr. 12 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 0 turnovers, 4 fouls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
          Going into the 4th qtr. 12 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 0 turnovers, 4 fouls.
          I think turnovers are around 3. I know he had the charge and then I think he turned it over two more times right after that. He's kind of been walking around since he picked up the 4th foul.

Comment

• FVV's foul trouble has kept Baylor alive ... he can't afford to drive and gamble on defense.

An aside -- Houston Defenders made the final in the Gold bracket. PrymeTyme beat Houston in the Best Buy tournament.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Van Fleet had 15 points, 10 assists, 7 rebounds.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Freddie Van Fleet

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                  Van Fleet had 15 points, 10 assists, 7 rebounds.
                  2 steals, 1 block, and probably 4 turnovers. TO stat wasn't on the broadcast, but I missed the charge and I thought I saw two in the 4th quarter.

Baylor switched their D to deny FVV in the 4th quarter and doubled him a lot when he got the ball.

Glad I had a chance to watch this game.

Comment

• Fred was smooth, played under control, showed a burst of speed when he needed it, great court vision, and had a good looking shot out to the 3 point line. Loved what I saw.

Also, do we have any interest in Marcus Posley? I like his game.

Comment

Now Trop's calling him Van Fleet. :lol:

What is the status of Posley?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk
                        Originally posted by tropicalshox

The game announcers called him Freddie Van (F)leet. Maybe they got the memo?

Comment

• I noticed him being lacksadaisical with the ball a time or two. You know, the standard high school thing when you're head and shoulders above high school comp.. especially going into your senior year. But a lot of his game is high(est) level, no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker
                            Originally posted by ShockTalk

According to this, none of us have it right.

KRscoutKyle Randle ✔

@FredVanVleet ithink im the only person that spells your last name properly Fred Vanvleet not Fred Van Vleet
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker
                              Originally posted by ShockTalk

According to this, none of us have it right.

KRscoutKyle Randle ✔

@FredVanVleet ithink im the only person that spells your last name properly Fred Vanvleet not Fred Van Vleet
                              OK, but the announcers were PRONOUNCING it Freddie Vanfleet then, no?

Comment

• The replay is posted now on the ESPN3 site.

Here's a recap ...

FVV = Good
                                Stephy Sorenson = Bad. Very, very bad.
                                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                                X