Sterling Chapman 6'5 G 2021 Campus to Tulsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    That's not a ringing endorsement for the assistant coaches, unless they were still reporting to Marshall and he told them not to send one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Did someone drop the ball due to all the hub bub?

Comment

• WOW! If that is true, that is really bad and an incredibly poor reflection on the program.

Comment

• I asked Taylor on twitter and he doesn't know why it wasn't sent. He is going to try and find out more about it and what happened.

Comment

• I’m thinking there’s a good chance Tulsa finally says bye-bye to Frank Haith.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              I’m thinking there’s a good chance Tulsa finally says bye-bye to Frank Haith.
              I don't know. Tulsa tied for the Championship last year and are 500 this year. Do they really care that much anymore?

Comment

I've not heard any negative press.

Comment

From what I understand the school is in financial distress and likely does not have the funds for a buyout.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

From what I understand the school is in financial distress and likely does not have the funds for a buyout.
                    I’m not sure what he has left on his contract, but I’m fairly certain what you mentioned is accurate.

Comment

• I thought it was odd how quickly he committed after the Marshall situation. I know they said they didn’t hear from the school for about a week, but still. That Tulsa offer would have still been there in the Spring.

I still think there options out there to find. I know he’s a local kid, but if that takes the scholarship of a potentially better player, then it’s not worth it IMO.
                      The Assman

Comment

• I'd bet there will be at least two more scholarships open up and if this kid wants WSU I'd be ALL for it

Comment

• Here is some info I found on Frank Haith’s contract situation. Next season is the last on his current contract. He’ll either get an extension this summer or get let go.

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/colleg...a4181c3d2.html
                          78-65

Comment

• Good article. Explains a little about the financial problems that a lot of small private schools (think Mo Valley schools) and what seems to be apathy about the program by the populace of Tulsa. This is the apathy that we would face if Wichita was "over run" with the other state schools from the northern part of the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Almost all D1 Athletic programs are under financial distress (including ours) right now. Every buyout is a huge problem, but it's also just about the only place to make money as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Almost all D1 Athletic programs are under financial distress (including ours) right now. Every buyout is a huge problem, but it's also just about the only place to make money as well.
                                I could be wrong, but I think Tulsa had financial problems before COVID as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X