Sterling Chapman 6'5 G 2021 Campus to Tulsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    Looks like his decommitment from the rage monster and signing an LOI with us is exactly why we stayed in on him you wheat eating goons.
    Congrats on getting our scraps once again. Go away Dickhead.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      I wonder if he gets booed
      Only for being on the other team.
      The Assman

Comment

• Eh good luck to him. Wants to play for a coach he likes. Can't fault a young man for that. Good luck!

Comment

• I hear AJ Griffin is really fond of his dad!

Just sayin’
          The Assman

Comment

• No hard feelings for the young man. If he wasn't willing to hold out until next spring to evaluate the lay of the land at WSU then not sure his fondness of WSU was really that deep in the first place. But it was his decision to make and I guess it's not surprising considering what has transpired. Would have liked to have had him in the fold but I'm pretty happy with what we have right now and hopefully we will be able to hang on to most of these guys going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              No hard feelings for the young man. If he wasn't willing to hold out until next spring to evaluate the lay of the land at WSU then not sure his fondness of WSU was really that deep in the first place. But it was his decision to make and I guess it's not surprising considering what has transpired. Would have liked to have had him in the fold but I'm pretty happy with what we have right now and hopefully we will be able to hang on to most of these guys going forward.
              On the bright side... With the new transfer rules he can come back any time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

On the bright side... With the new transfer rules he can come back any time!
                Good point.

Comment

• He wanted to play for Marshall.

Comment

• If he wasn’t a local kid, this wouldn’t feel like as big a loss.

I still hope he becomes a great player, but it’s unlikely he is going to be a world beater (will be happy to eat my words, if I’m wrong).
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                      More power to him, he will get demolished at Tulsa by the current roster at WSU.
                      I was hoping he would sign, seems like a great kid and good player. That said, I was a little concerned that we had other guys of his size and skillset already in place. Hope he doesn't come back to haunt us.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        No hard feelings for the young man. If he wasn't willing to hold out until next spring to evaluate the lay of the land at WSU then not sure his fondness of WSU was really that deep in the first place. But it was his decision to make and I guess it's not surprising considering what has transpired. Would have liked to have had him in the fold but I'm pretty happy with what we have right now and hopefully we will be able to hang on to most of these guys going forward.
                        Still, Tulsa over us? Weak sauce move

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          If he wasn’t a local kid, this wouldn’t feel like as big a loss.

I still hope he becomes a great player, but it’s unlikely he is going to be a world beater (will be happy to eat my words, if I’m wrong).
                          I've been saying the same thing. I'm sure he'll be a good player, but I don't see him being anything special. Had he not been from Wichita, it's debatable if we would have been recruiting him or not.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post

Still, Tulsa over us? Weak sauce move
                            Was hoping for as much support for the university as for Marshall. But I have a hunch he will wear a shocker uniform at some point in his college career.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• did you guys see taylors latest twitter post?

WSU didn't even send over the LOI to him last week...

"according to Sterling Chapman's father, Wichita State never sent over a LOI for Sterling to sign last Wednesday when the early signing period opened". "Chapman said he'll always be a Shocker Fan, but he had to make the best decision for him and his family".

Comment

Working...
                                X