No announcement yet.

Sterling Chapman 6'5 G 2021 Campus to Tulsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you aren't happy for this kid and him enjoying the moment, then you have no soul. No matter where he ends up playing, good for him, and his family, getting to experience a moment like that.

I know Chris and I've visited with him about this kid. Coach is a good salesman. I'm not close to being a talent evaluator but what he says and how he goes about his business is what you dream of....and who has the gumption to call Neil Baker?? lol That's one hell of dad. Somebody in WA should be taking notes.

Comment

Would be really, really cool if he came to WSU and was instramental in hanging some major banners in Koch Arena. Sounds like he has the right mentality and wants to be a Shocker.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

Aren't ALL Shockers great?
        No. Just no.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Wow, everything about Taylor’s article screams “Sign this kid yesterday!” Life-long Shocker fans. Family support. Dad and son who understand what Coach Marshall is all about. Local talent. National exposure about to blow up his recruiting. Lanky athletic combo guard who can shoot the three and play above the rim. Checks a lot of blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
            Wow, everything about Taylor’s article screams “Sign this kid yesterday!” Life-long Shocker fans. Family support. Dad and son who understand what Coach Marshall is all about. Local talent. National exposure about to blow up his recruiting. Lanky athletic combo guard who can shoot the three and play above the rim. Checks a lot of blocks.
            Checks a lot of boxes too!
            Livin the dream

Comment

Yes, but ideally, he keeps his recruiting open Just to let the late comer P5 schools wet their beak, then commit to us after he gets some more offers.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

You could literally say the same thing about Grant Sherfield

Comment

Plays above the rim? Understand what Marshall wants? Life-long Shocker fans? Recruiting about to blow up? No

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post

If you’re telling a poster to slow down, in his/her statements on a local recruit, fair enough. However, it’s a little presumptuous, and maybe a little disrespectful of you to compare a local recruit to a local kid who transferred under negative circumstances. They may be kids who aren’t alike at all.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Plays above the rim? Understand what Marshall wants? Life-long Shocker fans? Recruiting about to blow up? No
                      Pin, you’re being a horses ass to a local recruit, by just saying one word. “NO”.
                      Surely, the answer to the 4 questions you raise has to be more nuanced than a ONE WORD answer.

1. For a 6’5 PG, he gets above the rim very well.
                      2. Sterling’s father did say he didn’t want GM to change anything and GM is a “winner”. Those are his exact words. The father seems to like the idea of a fiery coach getting on his son. He doesn’t appear to want to shelter Sterling at all.
                      3. According to Taylor, the family has had season tickets for a long time and the home town team seems to be important to them. We will see how things develop.
                      4. How do you know that his recruiting won’t blow up? It’s moving along fairly quickly although without the recruiting showcases this year, recruiting blow ups may not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Pin, you’re being a horses ass to a local recruit, by just saying one word. “NO”.
                        Surely, the answer to the 4 questions you raise has to be more nuanced than a ONE WORD answer.

1. For a 6’5 PG, he gets above the rim very well.
                        2. Sterling’s father did say he didn’t want GM to change anything and GM is a “winner”. Those are his exact words. The father seems to like the idea of a fiery coach getting on his son. He doesn’t appear to want to shelter Sterling at all.
                        3. According to Taylor, the family has had season tickets for a long time and the home town team seems to be important to them. We will see how things develop.
                        4. How do you know that his recruiting won’t blow up? It’s moving along fairly quickly although without the recruiting showcases this year, recruiting blow ups may not happen.
                        My guess is that pin was referring to choida's comparison to Grant Sherfield and saying that Sherfield wasn't those things (not commenting on Chapman).

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Rocker View Post

My guess is that pin was referring to choida's comparison to Grant Sherfield and saying that Sherfield wasn't those things (not commenting on Chapman).
                          I thought it was obvious, guess not. Thanks, Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I thought it was obvious, guess not. Thanks, Rocker
                            It was obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post

The only comment that really stuck out to me from the Sherfield recruiting was "They want me to come in and be their Point Guard". That's also what stood out to Burton. That's why neither are here today.

For Chapman you get "We know Marshall is tough and we dont' want him to change a thing because he wins" - That screams to me, they want to win and will do what it takes to win.

Comment

I didn't re-read the entire page and no names mentioned. Some people you just have to spell it out more. I'm glad you don't dislike all local recruits.

Comment

Working...
                                X