Sterling Chapman 6'5 G 2021 Campus to Tulsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The only comment that really stuck out to me from the Sherfield recruiting was "They want me to come in and be their Point Guard". That's also what stood out to Burton. That's why neither are here today.

For Chapman you get "We know Marshall is tough and we dont' want him to change a thing because he wins" - That screams to me, they want to win and will do what it takes to win.
    Nailed it!!! I'd give you more thumbs up if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post

You could literally say the same thing about Grant Sherfield
      Didn’t Sherfield spend the majority of his life outside of Wichita? And didn’t he originally commit to UCLA? I don’t remember us offering until he decommitted and even then there was no “this is the offer we were waiting for” comment. At least not that I can recall.

Comment

Comment

This kid doesn't appear to have to worry about the physicality at the D1 level.

Oh yeah, MTXE! (Big Dog with the assist to Little Dog)

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 24, 2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Impressive young man and dad. Would love to see him pick WSU!

Comment

He looks more mature in the interview. Maybe its because his face seems more full and the beard is definitely looking good on him now. Watching highlights of the past Shocker moments and watching the high school high lights really shows the difference in size speed and physicality of mature players vs high school players.

Comment

I would love cheering him on as a Home Town Guy. Like his father said "If you are from here you understand what it means". The whole family understands it seems. And yes kudo's to the Carr family as well.

Comment

That interview convinced me that Sterling will be a Shocker if he has anything to say about it. I think we will end up with a signing there and most likely another big man too later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                    That interview convinced me that Sterling will be a Shocker if he has anything to say about it. I think we will end up with a signing there and most likely another big man too later on.
                    Sterling will be a proud Shocker, and his dad will be a VERY proud parent. Bank on it.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the link to that interview, some great stuff in there. Love the fact the Carr family has been so supportive and that dad has spoken with Baker’s dad as well. Like others have said, seems dad has made up his mind already but I believe he’s going to let Sterling make his own decision. Kid seems to have a solid upbringing and love that dad pointed out he’s still only 16!

Comment

Need to keep local talent with good character like Sterling in Shocker Nation.

Comment

With a name like his, WSU could be the "Yale" of the Midwest and make a sweet basketball video about blocking shots or something. I can't be the only one thinking of Scott Sterling when I see this thread at the top?

That said, he's an exciting recruit ... I think Wichita is ready to love him!

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Comment

I really like Chapman. He has the size, skill, and the right attitude. He is a good Wichita kid and I hope he signs with the Shockers. We need good kids like him and Evan Wessel whose families understand the tradition of Wichita State Basketball and know how special it is to play for the hometown Shockers. Go Shocks.

Comment

I like Chapman too. I wonder if our coaches see him as a true point guard who can play other positions or if they consider him as a true combo guard who can fill in at the point if necessary. I hope he is a true point guard because I would think that we will sign a point guard during both the 2021 and 2022 classes.

I would expect that we will sign 3 players in 2021. A big, a 3 (combo of a 3/4 or 2/3), and a point guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X