No announcement yet.

Cessna Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe our ratio currently favors the women slightly.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      I believe our ratio currently favors the women slightly.
      I would agree with that.

Comment

If it already favors women they have three options once a women’s soccer team is established:

-Take their time to figure out what their next move is

-Continue moving in the direction needed for the football ratio

-Eventually add a men’s soccer team

Comment

• Pretty sure it has to favor the women as they make up roughly 56.5 percent of the student body.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

If it already favors women they have three options once a women’s soccer team is established:

-Take their time to figure out what their next move is

-Continue moving in the direction needed for the football ratio

-Eventually add a men’s soccer team

I would love football. I don't believe it will happen, but they could also add women's crew (already have a non-scholarship program) gymnastics and swimming and diving. Most of these wouldn't be overly expensive outside of the scholarships with the possible exception of swimming/diving. I'm not sure what facilities would be needed or could be used. Also beach volleyball.

I think they'd stand pat for awhile and make sure they had what they needed for what they would have. A lot could depend on how current fundraising efforts are going elsewhere. They still need to raise about 15M for softball. I don't recall what they're raising for basketball at the moment. Has baseball completed their fundraising efforts that all tied into the upgrades and practice facility?

I'm not sure how much they have left to raise for Cessna either. I believe there were a couple of phases after the projects this summer and next. I could be wrong though.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

My understanding is that It has to, becasue it needs to reflect the make up of the student body not just be equal. sAlthough there are other factors a well. IIRC, the last I heard the student body mix was roughly 56% female to 44% male.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Three of those guys are dead, and one went to prison.
                A little late but I felt the need to add this...

78-65

Comment

• Live view of Cessna stadium

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRXZ-T...aXVtIGxpdmU%3D
                  Last edited by Veritas; May 26, 2023, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• They're eager to get going. State track just started and the tear down camera is already live?
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• How do I get a couple of rows of bleachers?

Comment

They're eager to get going. State track just started and the tear down camera is already live?
                        The are working with tight windows so they won't want to waste much time on anything.

In June, the east bleachers are coming down. Work will begin immediately after the Kansas State High School Track and Field Championship, May 26-27, and be finished by the fall semester. Kevin Saal, WSU athletic director, said the demolition timing was designed to work around the state track meet.
                        The stadium work is scheduled to begin on June 1.

The goal is to have it done by the Fall semester. Weekday and evening full-semester classes begin on August 21st. Although their is a Fall Pre-Session that starts on August 7th.

I didn't realize they would have this on camera but I guess it is a pretty historic event for Wichita State that they would want to archive. I'm guessing the camera is set up on top of Hubbard Hall.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 27, 2023, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Pretty nice crowd on the West side at 9 am on Saturday. Really nice weather for the kids and fans as well.

Maybe we could get this guy to come back for the dedication and opening of the new stadium. He did something pretty special there about 60 years ago.

Comment

• Not sure the new stadium will be large enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                              Not sure the new stadium will be large enough.
                              That's been my concern
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The renderings might not look like much, but WSU’s stadium will be bigger than KU’s Rock Chalk Park, so if that tells you anything..

Comment

Working...
                                X