No announcement yet.

Cessna Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can’t we just have a huge women’s beach volleyball team?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
      Why can’t we just have a huge women’s beach volleyball team?
      Not sure I like that image you just created.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Not sure I like that image you just created.
        Big Bertha and 15 of her closest friends.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Demolition to begin soon at WSU’s Cessna Stadium (msn.com)

Wichita State University has revealed more details of the first two phases of renovations to Cessna Stadium.

In June, the east bleachers are coming down. Work will begin immediately after the Kansas State High School Track and Field Championship, May 26-27, and be finished by the fall semester. Kevin Saal, WSU athletic director, said the demolition timing was designed to work around the state track meet.

“The improvements we are making in part are just because of our commitment to continuing this tradition of state high school track at Wichita State University well into the future,” he said.

Last September, the WSU Board of Trustees approved nearly $12 million for phases 1A and 1B of the project. The project aims to remake Cessna Stadium into a state-of-the-art home for Wichita State athletics, university and community events and the Kansas State High School Track and Field Championship.
          The work is expected to be finished in time for the 2024 state track meet.

Demolition of the stadium’s west side and the beginning of Phase 1B will begin after the 2024 track meet. The phase includes widening the track to nine lanes and adding bleacher seating on the north and south sides of the stadium.

When the stadium is finished, it will seat approximately 13,500.

Saal said working around the state high school track meet is important to WSU.

“Event has been hosted at Cessna for 64 years,” he said. “There is pride involved in hosting it as well as responsibility and commitment. The meet is important for track recruitment and good for the community of Wichita.”

He said the Shocker track and field team will still be able to practice and compete during Phase 1a. However, he said the team will be impacted during Phase 1B but WSU is “trying to minimize problems as much as possible.”

Future phases include a new stadium structure on the west side with seating for more than 6,000. In addition, the west building would have press boxes, viewing decks, restrooms, concessions, and offices, locker rooms, and team room areas for a future soccer team.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• OMG SOCCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Boom!!!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I predict we will immediately be competitive in either or both Men and Womens.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  I predict we will immediately be competitive in either or both Men and Womens.
                  Depends on the coaching tree they pull from. There is NOBODY in Wichita we should pull from for coaching. Period.

Vlatko Andonovski should be consulted early for this effort.

Comment

• This is just women’s soccer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Depends on the coaching tree they pull from. There is NOBODY in Wichita we should pull from for coaching. Period.

Vlatko Andonovski should be consulted early for this effort.

Negative, it must be a hire directly from the Roy Turner tree.

Mike Custer, Omar Hugo Gomez, Jeff Bourne, Helmet Dudek would be an excellent place to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Mike Custer, Omar Hugo Gomez, Jeff Bourne, Helmet Dudek would be an excellent place to start.
                        No way.

Three of those guys are dead, and one went to prison.

Plus, we want our coach to be sober.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Kevin Kewley is the true father of Wichita soccer. So I guess that the Roy Turner tree isn't dead to me so long as we recognize it's really the Kevin Kewley coaching tree. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No way.

Three of those guys are dead, and one went to prison.

Plus, we want our coach to be sober.
                            Necraphobic!!!!!!

LITERALLY shaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
                              This is just women’s soccer?
                              If they don’t start a men’s team it’s because they have something up their sleeve.. Basically if the pic I attached is too blurry for anyone to see, if schools don’t have a men’s soccer team it’s usually because they are trying to even out the number of scholarships they are giving out to Men and Women
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by bleed yellow; May 13, 2023, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

If they don’t start a men’s team it’s because they have something up their sleeve.. Basically if the pic I attached is too blurry for anyone to see, if schools don’t have a men’s soccer team it’s usually because they are trying to even out the number of scholarships they are giving out to Men and Women
                                Yes, it's too blurry.

We don't have football.

Assume we are "balanced" now.

If we add women's soccer (or something else), couldn't we add men's soccer?

Comment

Working...
                                X