Cessna Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

We could shoot a modern prison exploitation masterpiece!
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Cessna looked pretty good back in the day…

Any green line seen passing through the photo is an error with the scanner and not on the actual photo. Size is 6.5" x 9.5" We always combine shipping. Please wait for our invoice before paying. The photographs are Originals taken from file archives used by different news/media agencies. They are not perfect or reprints, if they are printed at a later time we labeled them "2nd Generation Restrike" or "Vtg 2nd Gen Restrike" The photographs are in various conditions, some cut to different sizes. Some may have dates and/or descriptions written/typed/stamped on the back or the front. They could have bent corners, tears or light stains. Once you pay, we are required, by ebay, to ship on the same business day. Please do not ask us to hold your items, we will respectfully decline.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Cessna looked pretty good back in the day…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18430479929...mis&media=COPY
        Did not realize there was seating on the N end at one time.

Comment

Did not realize there was seating on the N end at one time.
          Same here.. the ole memory is fading.

Comment

I’ve seen a couple pics like that of Cessna back in the day and every time the realization that anymore it’s just ruins awkwardly hits hard. WSU has literally gone in a couple of times and removed things that gave it the football feel

Comment

The old gal looked pretty good on this day…

Comment

This time of year I sometimes feel deprived since I've never truly gotten to enjoy the college football game day experience. I've been to games at KSU and KU and went to a championship game at Arrowhead and watched Oklahoma take on Colorado, but none of it really is the same as being a part of something with a school you actually care about.

**** Lew Perkins
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Demolition and site work for a stadium in Wichita, Kansas. Conceptual plans call for the demolition of a stadium. The project includes demolishing Cessna Stadium, a 30,000-seat stadium constructed in 1946 (with a significant renovation in 1969) that served as a football and track facility and and the home of the Shocker football program until it was discontinued in 1986. The stadium also serves as the venue for the annual Kansas State High School Track and Field Championship and the K.T. Woodman Track Classic. The stadium consists of a lower section of concrete seating bleachers as well as a higher section of steel seating structure and a press box on the west side. There are a series of concrete/cmu structures incorporated into the lower section of concrete bleachers and extending to the area below the upper section of steel seating structure. There are also freestanding concrete/cmu structures under the steel seating structure serving as public restrooms and ticketing areas. The stadium is in poor condition and has outlasted the typical lifespan of exposed steel structures. The plan is to demolish the stadium in two separate phases (demolition of the east stands as Phase 1 and demolition of the west stands and press box as Phase 2) to allow track activities to continue until a new, smaller multi-purpose stadium is built on the site serving both mens and womens athletics and our regional community and economy by supporting soccer, lacrosse, and track and field events for both Wichita State University as well as K-12 aged tournaments from around the Midwest/Southwest in partnership with regional clubs. This project is included in the state's FY 2023-2027 Capital Improvement Program. As of May 23, 2022, further details regarding design and firm construction timelines have not been identified. Funding has not been allocated. *Project information has been obtained through a public capital improvement plan (CIP). A CIP is a financial schedule for short- and long-range projects which is updated regularly. Information listed in the CIP often evolves based on funding availability and the project details, including timeline and value, are subject to change. The content management team will continue to pursue additional details as they become available. *The contact(s) will not accept phone call inquiries at this time. *Absolutely no inquiries will be accepted at this time. Unsolicited inquiries may result in disqualification in any future bidding opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    This time of year I sometimes feel deprived since I've never truly gotten to enjoy the college football game day experience. I've been to games at KSU and KU and went to a championship game at Arrowhead and watched Oklahoma take on Colorado, but none of it really is the same as being a part of something with a school you actually care about.

**** Lew Perkins
                    I know I have said numerous times here that it was fun to walk across campus with the kids when they were young going to the game is one of my favorite memories. The games were fun to watch in the Prince era and after that as well. I still have an "Alive in 95" sweat shirt. **** Perkins

Comment

There’s a story on KSN, Channel 3. Someone more tech savvy than me can post the link.

Two phases. 10,000 seating capacity among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                        There’s a story on KSN, Channel 3. Someone more tech savvy than me can post the link.

Two phases. 10,000 seating capacity among other things.
                        Cessna Stadium, which was once home to Wichita State University (WSU) football, could see some changes soon.

Comment

So perhaps football may be in the cards. By football, I mean soccer.

A track and soccer facility will be the end game.

Comment

Soccer is on the table.

Comment

Soccer is on the table.
                              Thanks Ted!

Comment

In the re-naming of Cessna maybe something along the lines of Cox Soccer Stadium. Kind of has a lyrical quality...one that rolls off the tongue so as to speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X