RIP Prince McJunkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Prince McJunkins

Mike Kennedy just tweeted that Prince McJunkins died from COVID.

78-65

What a shitty couple of days
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      What a shitty couple of days
      It's been shitty for over a year. So many of my sports heroes, including Prince.

Comment

My father spent his first couple years of college at WSU and would tell me stories about Prince McJunkins (along with getting to know Joe Carter since my father was an RA in Fairmount Towers, the same place where I would live my freshman year). So sad. Prince was one of the few links to WSU football still alive, and certainly the most notable.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

WOW! I remember Prince for beating KU the same year we beat KSU; we were the best football team in the state! this was after we beat KU at NO; all my KU friends said, "Just wait 'til football." That was a sweet time! RIP, Prince.

Comment

I really enjoyed watching Prince play. Very sorry to hear of his passing far too soon. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Looks like his son is a wide receivers coach at Bartlesville HS:

Comment

Again very sad news. I really liked watching Prince pass to Ruben Eckles. Was at the chickenhawk game when the Shockers beat them. To this day I have never seen 50,000 people so quiet walking out of the stadium. Awesome feeling. RIP Prince.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                  Again very sad news. I really liked watching Prince pass to Ruben Eckles. Was at the chickenhawk game when the Shockers beat them. To this day I have never seen 50,000 people so quiet walking out of the stadium. Awesome feeling. RIP Prince.
                  It was a helluva throw and a helluva catch! Wish there was a video...

Comment

NM. Found it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRWPvkCKdyg

Comment

Well, Kstate beat our ass the year we beat Ku (I believe that was one of those redshirt all the seniors years in Manhattan). Ksu really pushed WSU around that day. We were manhandled.

And that TD pass was to Donnie Dreher, not "Johnny on the spot" Reuben Eckles, who saved us a little embarrassment in the first half jumping on a late fumble when we were behind and flailing a bit.

Comment

Watching that makes me wish we had football. I'd love nothing more than to actually care about college football and spend a number of Saturday's sitting in the stands supporting my favorite school.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Watching that makes me wish we had football. I'd love nothing more than to actually care about college football and spend a number of Saturday's sitting in the stands supporting my favorite school.
                          Dropping football ripped my heart out in 1986... it was always my favorite sport. Once it was discontinued, I was done with football. I haven't watched a complete college football game since then and don't care about the NFL either. I ONCE was a big Chiefs fan and can't seem to get back on board with them either. Guess I'm just a bitter old fart (aka white a$$hole).
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I've watched a few Army/Navy games. I've been to a couple of KU and KSU games (visiting friends attending those schools) and the college GameDay environment is great. Went to the OU vs Colorado XII championship game at Arrowhead with some friends (friends dad is an Oklahoma native).

There's only so much joy to be had though when you really don't care who wins and know nothing about the teams.

I've seen a few TV games when hanging with friends. Mostly OU.

I do love the Chiefs and think the draft would be more fun if I had any idea who anyone is.

The first thing I used to do with college football video games was create Wichita State. I can dream
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The unfortunate truth is that if even half the numbers of those who "wished we had football" had attended games back in the day, we might still have it. And being one that did attend, getting your ass kicked year in and year out ( 2 winning seasons in the last 20 years of the program), is not as much fun as the whimsical trip down memory lane would lead you to believe.

PS Watched Prince play as much as possible, he was a special talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X