AAC TRACK & FIELD CHAMPIONSHIP - CESSNA STADIUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC View Post
    I thought Houston was the men's favorite, but they seem to be way down the pack.
    See post #12 above. Only 7 of 21 events scored. Houston will score a boatload of points today in the running finals. I still see them as the heavy favorite and I don't think the Shocks can hold the off. I see Houston scoring 185 -- 190 points. They won easily last year with 172 points.

I am hoping the Shocks take the 2nd place trophy.

Now the Shocker women are definitely in the hunt for a Championship.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 5, 2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Shocker Jr. Mason Buckmaster with an unexpected win in the high jump with a big PR of 7-0.5

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        That should help the point total.

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        It will but Houston was 2nd and 5th so they scored 12 points to 10 for the Shocks.

What is the best way to follow? I can't find much on twitter. Thanks.

Comment

Go to post #7 above. Click on Shocks to Host AAC Championship. It has links to live video stream and to live results.

I will be out of pocket for a couple of hours.

Comment

Shocks are down 1 point to Houston with two events remaining.

Comment

The two events at the 5000 meter run and the 1600 relay. WSU has two chances to place in the 5000. It doesn't look like Houston has any chance to place. Houston's 1600 relay team is seeded 5th, WSU 6th, 8 seconds apart. It looks like it will come down to the final event.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              “Dear lord baby Jesus or as our brothers to the south call you, Jesus...”

Women up 27 with one event remaining.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I was incorrect - Houston is seeded #1 in 1600 relay and WSU is seeded #2, 8 seconds apart.

Comment

Houston gets 8th place and thus one point in the 5000 and WSU gets 9th and thus fails to score. Houston leads by 2 point with the 1600 relay left. Seems highly unlikely WSU can catch them unles the DQ.

Comment

WSU's #2 in the relay pulled-up injured about 50 yards into his leg. So Houston will be the Champs. Good run Shockers!

Comment

One hell of an effort by the Shocker men. They made Houston sweat it out. Was closer than I thought it woul be.

Even though they took 2nd this might very well be the most impressive Conference championship effort I'm school history

Congratulations Shockers and Coach Rainbolt and his outstanding coaching staff.

Comment

Well I chose a great time to go to go to my first track meet. This was a good time. Some of the pre Lima got a little boring but the finals were exciting. Glad I went. Shocks competed well against a very good Houston squad of sprinters and runners.

Comment

Taylor Eldgridge: AAC Track & Field Championship - Final Day Recap

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...230328234.html

Thanks to Taylor for giving the Track and Field teams such excellent coverage. The certainly deserve it.

GoShockers.com Championship Recap

https://goshockers.com/news/2019/5/1...oor-title.aspx

Comment

All we need is few more sprinters . . .

Comment

The problem is they only allow 12.6 scholarships per gender and this includes x-country

Comment

Working...
                            X