Post Season Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Season Awards

We've spent an awful lot of time discussing all that is wrong with WSU, and I'm kind of tired of it, so I thought a little conversation about Post Season Awards might be entertaining. 6 of the 7 leading scorers in the MVC will be back next season and there are a couple of very talented freshman, so here's some thoughts...

All-MVC:

Andrew Warren: Good player will lead the league in scoring and definately make the team for "life time achievement."

David Kyles: Best player on the best team gets the nod. Will he get POY?

Kyle Weems: Perhaps the best player in the league. Plays on one of the better MVC teams this year.

Antoine Young: Best PG in the league. Creighton will certainly finish in the top half.

-Last spot is up for grabs...If WSU runs away with the league, look for Durley or Murry here. Otherwise, possibly Ryan, Van Deest, or Latham. We'll see.

Freshman of the year: I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Rayvonte Rice at Drake is a hell of a PG. Depending on how McDermott's minutes stack up when big man comes in, he's the other obvious choice. Also ran includes Ekey (Il St) (leading the league in blocks), Lemon (BU), and Odum (In St)

New commers: Well Rice and McDermott are currently at the top of the list, Kenny Harris of EU and Mamadou Seck of SIU are decent. After that is Myles Walker at In St, Ragland, and Smith.
    Livin the dream
Working...
X