Keep this up Matt....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep this up Matt....

This is one thing this team is gonna need very badly to improve and I'm glad to see Matt step up and take his leadership role more verbaly. If anything good came from the loss to Monmouth...this is it.

Braeuer, one of four seniors on the team and a future coach, took over the locker room after Saturday's loss to Monmouth.

"Basically, he said he knew we were better than this and he knew we shouldn't have lost to Monmouth," Couisnard said.

The message -- delivered loudly and forcefully -- was that the Shockers needed to loosen up, toughen up and play basketball. Two straight losses in the Paradise Jam revealed a timid side to the Shockers that Braeuer could no longer tolerate.

"I made it very loud and clear what we needed to do," Brauer said. "We needed to start playing like men and everybody needed to start doing what they do best. I hope it helped."

Couisnard said it did.

"To see one of your captains, and one of your leaders, pouring it all like that, it's definitely got to move some of the younger people," Couisnard said. "I think it definitely had an effect on people."
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Not only did MB provide leadership in the locker room, he also backed it up on the floor versus UIC. Matty B. had 11 points (we like that #) and turned Mayo into imitation tartar sause, holding him to 8 points. Just like the ole saying-----"If you want to talk the talk----you better walk the walk." Our 3 Seniors stepped up to the pump and righted the ship.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Ditto to the seniors, i was really impressed with their play yesterday
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The first step to winning is by refusing to lose.

This whole team can 'step up'. We have the talent. Clemente stepped up too, and Gris got started. Ellis needs to bring it more to the court offensively too.

We could really be good by January, I know we can!!! :good:

Comment

this is what we lacked last year. nothing against our seniors last year but we did not have the vocal leaders. somebody to get on someone's a$$ if they are not doing what they should be!!

Comment

And that eventually did them in. Matt stepping up this year will be huge, getting PJ to do it would be SEASON CHANGING for the Shockers!! I want to hear PJ like Chad Johnson : "Who do they have that can guard ME?" And as the other team is ganging up on him, Gal and Matt are dropping in 15 apiece and PJ still gets his after the D adjusts to them!!

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
              this is what we lacked last year. nothing against our seniors last year but we did not have the vocal leaders. somebody to get on someone's a$$ if they are not doing what they should be!!
              And it doesn't sound as if coach had to put him up to doing it.

Comment

Sounds like some good first steps for MB towards becoming a coach...
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I heard a chair was involved a la' Bobby Knight...
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Kudos to Sparky.

Comment

Sometimes throwing or breaking a chair is good. The one thing it does do is it gets everyone's attention.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                        Sometimes throwing or breaking a chair is good. The one thing it does do is it gets everyone's attention.
                        Including the chair's.

Comment

Working...
                        X