No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS WYOMING PREDICTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no one should've expect a capacity crowd tonight. It's thanksgiving weekend and the KU-Mizzou game was on at the same time.

Comment

• It's pretty self-righteous of you to call ANYONE who holds season tickets and supports the program a FAKE fan.

And assuming that these people place KU above WSU is also a bit presumptuous.... maybe they place time with loved ones out of town ahead of a BASKETBALL GAME.... just a thought...

edit: reply applies to both ShockerFever and ShockerFan....don't want to be accused of not getting my replies right....

And while we are at it, what kind of "FAN" takes a break from posting on the board just because things get a little bumpy?

AMEN!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock
        It's pretty self-righteous of you to call ANYONE who holds season tickets and supports the program a FAKE fan.

And assuming that these people place KU above WSU is also a bit presumptuous.... maybe they place time with loved ones out of town ahead of a BASKETBALL GAME.... just a thought...

edit: reply applies to both ShockerFever and ShockerFan....don't want to be accused of not getting my replies right....

And while we are at it, what kind of "FAN" takes a break from posting on the board just because things get a little bumpy?
        Ok, I mistyped. I meant to say most of the people who didn't use their tickets to be the fake ones.. not the entire ticketholder body.

For your second point, that could be true, and it could not. Honestly, no one actually knows the reason for the no-shows. But you don't have to play dumb about it either and act like the KU game isn't one of the reasons/excuses.

As for the "break", I really didn't foresee us losing to Monmouth. In fact, I was betting against it. Since I like to stay true to my word (opposite of FAKE btw), I felt obliged enough to follow through with my promise. So I did. And yes it killed me. So please back off..
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Alot of empty seats but i was happy about the crowd. Alot more enery tonight. Could have been that the team played alot better. My favorite part of the night...Watchin Coach Marshall after P.J. made that long 3. He was so pumped; waving for the crowd to get into it and getting hyped. Then they called a timeout after a couple plays and he pumped his fist and was intense. Man i love this coach. I got more excited just watching him than i did the game!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock
            Originally posted by newshock1234
            Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Originally posted by shockerfan
            Team = Better

Crowd = pathetic again. At times I felt like the only person jumping up and cheering. I guess we saw how many bandwagon and ku-first fans there are that attend the games. LOTS of empty seats.
            (SELF-IMPOSED BAN HAS BEEN LIFTED BTW.. Wooo)

I totally agree. Our O looked better in part due to Wyoming's up-tempo play. What did we have? 2 or 4 points after about 5 or 6 minutes? Then we went on a tear..

I totally agree about the crowd. What a disappointment. We made some really good plays and at times the players had to beg for the crowd to get into it. Half the student section was empty. Blocks of empties everywhere. I'm really, really disappointed in our fanbase. Totally unacceptable.
            i agree about the fanbase , we now know who the true shocker fans are?
            Thanksgiving weekend and the biggest college football game in these parts since #1 Nebraska met #2 Oklahoma in 1970..... :whistle:

I'm sure more than a few students are out of town, not too mention the geezers....come to think of it, participation on ShockerNet is pretty pathetic tonight... if it were not for the out of towners....
            i understand the out of town part, but i dont think its a excuse to not go to the game because of a football game that can be recorded
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• If there are KU-first fans out there, they got what they deserved.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• It's tough to expect the fans to get excited when it is so ugly out there... at times our guys just stand around and look clueless. This is some of the ugliest ball I have seen in quite a while...

T

...8)

Comment

• What ticked me off was 100-200 getting up and leaving at the 3:58 mark. Then with about a minute and a half to go, 1000-1500 (maybe more?) headed for the exits.

I'm pretty sure they weren't heading to Thanksgiving dinner.

Comment

• Except for a stretch here and there, the crowd was pretty lame - noise wise, but 'numbers wise' it wasn't bad considering T giving and some football game that was on.

We still need to show Coach GM what a true CKA crowd is like. We have not scratched the surface. It will come soon. As the weather gets colder, CKA gets hotter.

Comment

• Couple of pathetic things tonight:

1. The KU fan who called in to Kennedy during pregame and thanked him for promising to give football updates. He mumbled something about being a hard core jayhawk fan who enjoyed watching WSU basketball or something.

2. Taco Bell handing out purple cup holders at the door.

Maybe the WSU fans should have a "white-out" instead of wearing yellow to the games in honor of the new home uniforms.

I thought the crowd was pretty decent even if the students were AWOL and Section 122 was empty, but maybe that was just a local thing around me.

Comment

• Crowd was definitely thin. Even the band was missing people. When I left the game all of the sports bars were packed with KU fans. My loyalty is with the Shox, but I understand those with dual allegiance watching the football game.

As far as the game goes, the Shockers are best in transition. The offense really bogs down in the half court and is tough to watch. If they can get any kind of flow in their offense the rebounding and defense will give them enough transition buckets to beat most teams.

JT Durley=instant offense.

Edit - The missed dunk Mantas had where he got fouled was awesome. He really elevated. Too bad he is a step slow on defense and his shot isn't falling.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I missed the game tonight. Why? Because today I drove 11 hours from Wisconsin after watching my 82-year-old father-in-law receive the Purple Heart and Bronze Star for action on Normandy Beach in WWII. I was flying through the Flint Hills trying to at least get back close enough to hear the radio broadcast...which I did.

Some people just have to be gone sometimes. Screw you all if you think a basketball game is more important. Here's an excerpt from the story a Minneapolis TV station did on the event:

The war was just wasn't something Wally discussed.

"I put that behind me," says Wally, not wanting to go too deeply into the topic. "Not too pretty."

Truth is, as part of the D Day invasion, Wally saw things no man wants to relive. "It was pure hell, that's all there is to it."

A month after surviving D-Day, Wally was nearly killed by shrapnel from a mortar that tore into his belly and cost him a finger. Wally doesn't talk much about that either. When asked about the missing finger, Wally's great granddaughter Peyton says, "I think he got it stuck in a car door or something."

Which makes what happened Friday that much more special. Turns out Wally was entitled to an medal of valor, a Bronze Star he'd earned, but never received. With prodding from his friend Tom, who shepherded through the paperwork, 63 years after D-Day, Wally finally accepted his recognition at a ceremony at New Richmond's American Legion Post.

"It's part of his life that I've never known about," says Wally's Granddaughter Katie. "Now it's something he can share with us."

Wally never sought the medal given him Friday, nor the hugs and thanks from dozens of family members and friends. But isn't it nice that such an honor found him anyway.
                          And now for the Rest of the Story...I sold my tickets to someone else but I have no idea if they attended.

Comment

• i don't think a 'screw you' is necessary...we all have to make those choices sometimes, and you made the right one...leave it at that! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO
                              I missed the game tonight. Why? Because today I drove 11 hours from Wisconsin after watching my 82-year-old father-in-law receive the Purple Heart and Bronze Star for action on Normandy Beach in WWII. I was flying through the Flint Hills trying to at least get back close enough to hear the radio broadcast...which I did.

Some people just have to be gone sometimes. Screw you all if you think a basketball game is more important. Here's an excerpt from the story a Minneapolis TV station did on the event:

The war was just wasn't something Wally discussed.

"I put that behind me," says Wally, not wanting to go too deeply into the topic. "Not too pretty."

Truth is, as part of the D Day invasion, Wally saw things no man wants to relive. "It was pure hell, that's all there is to it."

A month after surviving D-Day, Wally was nearly killed by shrapnel from a mortar that tore into his belly and cost him a finger. Wally doesn't talk much about that either. When asked about the missing finger, Wally's great granddaughter Peyton says, "I think he got it stuck in a car door or something."

Which makes what happened Friday that much more special. Turns out Wally was entitled to an medal of valor, a Bronze Star he'd earned, but never received. With prodding from his friend Tom, who shepherded through the paperwork, 63 years after D-Day, Wally finally accepted his recognition at a ceremony at New Richmond's American Legion Post.

"It's part of his life that I've never known about," says Wally's Granddaughter Katie. "Now it's something he can share with us."

Wally never sought the medal given him Friday, nor the hugs and thanks from dozens of family members and friends. But isn't it nice that such an honor found him anyway.
                              And now for the Rest of the Story...I sold my tickets to someone else but I have no idea if they attended.
                              Ya, no need to screw us. The comments have been directed at the "KU comes first"-"WSU" fans that chose to sit at home and watch a non-Shocker related game on tv rather than going to a a home game. Chillax.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali
                                i don't think a 'screw you' is necessary...we all have to make those choices sometimes, and you made the right one...leave it at that! :)
                                Perfectly put...

Comment

Working...
                                X