• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fair-weather fans need not apply

Originally posted by McShocker
    Originally posted by WuFanSince81
    ATTN: Everyone

I hate to say it, but there are a bunch of crybabies out there that are willing to just pack up and go home. I sure am glad the SASO donaters aren't as weak minded as you, otherwise all WSU athletics would be just as screwed as the WSU football team.

You all know who you are. You're the ones that got more hyped in our #8 ranking last year than our Sweet Sixteen run from two years ago. You're the ones who have no idea who Jamar Howard, Randy Burns, or Aaron Hogg, or Matt Clark, or.......hell....Jamie Sowers, for that matter, even are.

Well guess what? I'm ready for you all to pack up and go home. Because I'm sick and damn tired of hearing all of you crybabies piss and moan over 2 frickin' losses (one was a loss to a good Baylor team). So please, by all means, either leave, or start bashing me for this post, because either one will show me that you are what I think you are.

I only talk, chat, and read feedback from tru-Wu fans. All the fair-weather fans need not apply.
    I am a hardcore fan, but I gotta disagree with this sentiment. As much as programs need fans that will stick with them through thick and thin, they also need as many fans to pile on the bandwagon as will fit when things are going well. Was everyone buying merchandise during the Sweet 16 run a hardcore fan? No. Did it help the program and the university? Absolutely. My message to the bandwagon fan would be a little different... It has been fun having you at the party, I'll be here waiting for you when you decide to come back.
    Also, keep in mind that some of the fans who jump on the bandwagon will never jump off. If 10% of those fans who jump on never jump back off, that's that many more to add the the long time fans when heaven forbid the Shocks have a bad stretch. The team needs them all.

Comment

My post was targetted to those who are dropping WSU from their interest because of two losses, that's all. In my opinion, I can't stand bandwagon fans. I know they're always going to be around, but just not my cup of tea, because most of them will ditch your favorite team even at the sign of a .500 record. For example: The other Shockers message board I've used more in the past is now a ghost-town. At this time last year, it was a VERY busy message board. Now I go there and I can hear crickets.

I'm a "Gotta keep the faith" kind of person, I never give up on my team. Ever.
      This house is ROCKIN'

Comment

My post was targetted to those who are dropping WSU from their interest because of two losses, that's all. In my opinion, I can't stand bandwagon fans. I know they're always going to be around, but just not my cup of tea, because most of them will ditch your favorite team even at the sign of a .500 record. For example: The other Shockers message board I've used more in the past is now a ghost-town. At this time last year, it was a VERY busy message board. Now I go there and I can hear crickets.

I'm a "Gotta keep the faith" kind of person, I never give up on my team. Ever.
        Bandwagon makes me think of our purple "friends". NOT A PLEASANT THOUGHT!
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The other Shockers message board I've used more in the past is now a ghost-town. At this time last year, it was a VERY busy message board. Now I go there and I can hear crickets.
          This is the only one you need.

Comment

I always love these threads "I am the greatest fan, if you disagree with me your a bad fan".

Reality is this is board is populated by pretty much by about 3 type of people:

1. Hard core fans

2. Hard core fans that are displaced and are not able to get too, or get to alot of games.

3. Trolls.

anybody have any popcorn.

Comment

Here's the salt...
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I'm certain this is what many of you would like to do to the band wagon folks:

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Wait there was another message board.

Comment

I think he's talking about the one at the Eagle, which is largely made up of KU/KSU morons, just like the dorks that post stupid comments on every WSU article.

Comment

Yeah, every time I read the comments on kansas.com (or the WE Blog for that matter) I feel redorkulated...

It always makes me think, "Are there THIS many stupid people out there?"
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I have to admit--it's great to see all of the yellow and black around town these days, and many of the people that are wearing the gear aren't as hardcore as some of us are. Some of it is increased availability of Shocker merchandise due to the recent success of the program, (I mean the S16 run) because for a long time it was really hard to find very much shocker gear or in much variety.

With that said, I think it's like this--each time the team goes through a slump, you'll find people that will 'fall off' the bandwagon, but with each big success (the S16 run is a good example) you add more fans, and some of the will 'stick' with the team, and some won't. However, there is a big difference between 'bandwagon' fans, and NEW fans. The success has brought some new fans that are loyal, and that is nothing but positive. Bandwagon fans only follow the team or support it when times are good. How recently they became a Shocker fan is irrelevant in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          I think he's talking about the one at the Eagle, which is largely made up of KU/KSU morons, just like the dorks that post stupid comments on every WSU article.
                          ahaha thanks

I knew about that one But I wouldnt describe that as a "message board"

Utter crap is more like it

Comment

I always thought a good barometer to define 'bandwagon' status is when your team starts getting front coverage on the local news. News, not sports being the distinction . In the 90s it was KSU football. It was us during the S 16 run and regionals in baseball and right now it is KU in football.

Comment

Wufansince81:

Upon reading your protracted speech marked by intemperate, vituperative, and harshly censorious language, I can only assume you are
                              throwing a tantrum.

You are entitled to your one blind sided opinion as what a fan is or how everyone should act. But settle down and stop trying to enforce your dogma as the only way.

As far as I recall, other than Tyrone's comment, only one other poster made any reference to dropping out. So what's your problem? Your questioning of Shocker fan loyalty to the members on this board leaves a lot to be desired.

Personally, I'm glad we have such a wide dispersion of comments and discussion. That's what makes this board great and this country.

Stymie it, and we end up with a little, "Adoph".

Comment

There are a few topics that pop up every year. I'm thinking we need to move them to an archive and everytime someone brings them up, link to the archive and close the topic.

Recycling at its best.

- The "real" fan discussion
                                - Dance team uniforms
                                - Advertisements during key timeouts
                                - Bring back football
                                - Is the Friday game on TV?

Comment

Working...
                                X