Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, sorry but this offense is terrible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, sorry but this offense is terrible...

I mean come on, our defense and rebounding is spot on, but we gotta start scoring some points. This is ridiculous, I'm so chapped right now.

Re: Wow, sorry but this offense is terrible...

Originally posted by GoShox117
    I mean come on, our defense and rebounding is spot on, but we gotta start scoring some points. This is ridiculous, I'm so chapped right now.
    Settle down rookie.

Comment

It'll get better. Relatively young team (especially the bench) and new coach/system, it's the way it goes. Now if we are playing like that in January/February/March then I'll be more disappointed. For now, defense and rebounding will keep us in the games until the offense shows up. If and when the offense shows up...LOOK OUT.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
        Settle down rookie.
        Settle down? This is my team and I'm upset about it, if your disconcerted by my post then don't comment, how bout that, joke.

Comment

We have several players capable of scoring on a consistent basis: PJ, GAL, JT, PT, Mantas, Aaron Ellis.

It's just going to take some time for these guys to find their groove.

I'm very encouraged by JT. Mystified about Mantas and PJ so far.

It's just going to take time.... This year is a year to build, but the effort they are making tells me they will get there when it counts in Febrary and March...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

We need to defend the permiter better. Sounded like we were blocking a lot of shots tonight.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
              It'll get better. Relatively young team (especially the bench) and new coach/system, it's the way it goes. Now if we are playing like that in January/February/March then I'll be more disappointed. For now, defense and rebounding will keep us in the games until the offense shows up. If and when the offense shows up...LOOK OUT.
              I feel ya, like I said, great defense and awesome on the boards, but we need to start sinkin those j's.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                Settle down rookie.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
                  We need to defend the permiter better. Sounded like we were blocking a lot of shots tonight.
                  This is ironic.....we've been hearing all during the off-season that we'll have trouble in the paint.

I honestly think that having Orupke here and playing wouldn't have helped us tonight. We outrebounded our opponent without him.

Comment

I know it sucks to watch/hear the team lose but I for one would trade a few early losses for more late victories. These kids are playing in an entire new system, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. No matter freshman or senior. They've only been learning the system for a month. The fact that they are rebounding and defending is a great sign. Remember most every team they play will not be learning something as new as these kids. Give them time seems like they are all willing and capable. They'll turn it around.

Comment

Right now the offense is bad. Down 8 in the second half is a problem. There doesn't seem to be enough offense to make a run.

But...and this is huge

It's pretty obvious what the Shox have been working on in practice. Defense and rebounding. There's limited practice time and it's early in the season. There's only so much you can work on in the time available.

I got the impression that on offense the players were perhaps not running the same play or not running the same play at the same speed. Or maybe putting part of one play into another play. That leads to turnovers or (at best) running deep into the shot clock.

Give it time. Practices will move to more emphasis on offense. Expect the defense and rebounding to drop off when that happens. That's just the way it works until the players learn the system and learn each other.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxCO94
                        I know it sucks to watch/hear the team lose but I for one would trade a few early losses for more late victories. These kids are playing in an entire new system, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
                        I wouldn't disagree disagree with your premise "I for one would trade a few early losses for more late victories."

It's still basketball right? They still shot the layups and short jumpers the same right?

There is also has to be some concerns:

Opponents 3pt Shooting - 48%. The last game people just tried to say that it was luck, it's starting to be a trend.

Cousinard play - another (negative) trend to this point. If Cousinard plays to his potential WSU has a chance to win.

But there is some positives.

Clemente is monster if he can figure out how to get them put back. Mekel and Braeuer are stepping their games up. Durley is a force as long as he can stay on the floor.

But WSU must get more out of Ellis and Griskenas

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                          Originally posted by ShoxCO94
                          I know it sucks to watch/hear the team lose but I for one would trade a few early losses for more late victories. These kids are playing in an entire new system, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
                          I wouldn't disagree disagree with your premise "I for one would trade a few early losses for more late victories."

It's still basketball right? They still shot the layups and short jumpers the same right?

There is also has to be some concerns:

Opponents 3pt Shooting - 48%. The last game people just tried to say that it was luck, it's starting to be a trend.

Cousinard play - another (negative) trend to this point. If Cousinard plays to his potential WSU has a chance to win.

But there is some positives.

Clemente is monster if he can figure out how to get them put back. Mekel and Braeuer are stepping their games up. Durley is a force as long as he can stay on the floor.

But WSU must get more out of Ellis and Griskenas
                          I agree with the trend on the 3's, however, we also have seen 2 teams in a row that like the 3 and have guards that can make them. Not saying that we defended great, cause we didn't. Bradley is gonna kill us if we don't figure it out, but what will really show if it's a big weakness is if a team that normally doesn't shoot the 3 or shoot it well lights us up.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Right now, I would take Baylor over Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56
                              Right now, I would take Baylor over Bradley.
                              I don't know...Baylor's post players sound pretty awful for the most part. Maybe once they get that center back I would agree. Baylor isn't a very good team from what I could tell. Couple good players, but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X