Recruiting classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting classes

I know it's a year or two too early to really evaluate this. And what I'm about to say isn't meant to demean Turgeon or what he did here.

But I was thinking tonight that Gregg Marshall may have put together two recruiting classes in a span of 8 months that are better than any two in Turgeon's 8 classes (including last year's that didn't materialized).

Obviously, the Howard, Miller, Burns, Kampman class was pretty good, but is the only one that I think could rank with these:

Class 1: Clemente, Griskenas, Ellis, Orukpe, Hawkins

Class 2: Stutz, Murry, Hannah, Kyles

But like I said, it's obviously too early to evaluate either of these two classes, but on paper they look pretty dang good.

Wait till Coach gets all americans to come here one day

Comment

Re: Recruiting classes

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      I know it's a year or two too early to really evaluate this. And what I'm about to say isn't meant to demean Turgeon or what he did here.

But I was thinking tonight that Gregg Marshall may have put together two recruiting classes in a span of 8 months that are better than any two in Turgeon's 8 classes (including last year's that didn't materialized).

Obviously, the Howard, Miller, Burns, Kampman class was pretty good, but is the only one that I think could rank with these:

Class 1: Clemente, Griskenas, Ellis, Orukpe, Hawkins

Class 2: Stutz, Murry, Hannah, Kyles

But like I said, it's obviously too early to evaluate either of these two classes, but on paper they look pretty dang good.
      We all love what Turg. did for WSU but I think you are dead on Royal. Now if we can only get A&M in the tourney in a year or two.

Comment

I like the fact that we have quite a few players that will be here for awhile.

I mean we have the Juco guys Ramon, Mantas and Hannah. A transfer in Aj Hawkins whom we saw at shocker madness and can be really really special for us.

But he has brought in Aaron Ellis whom we know can play who unless otherwise stated will be a FOUR year guy.

Top that out with 3 FOUR year guys that will be next year WOW.

As our good friend Cold would say

Its a great day!!! :wsu_posters: :wsu_posters:

Comment

Thats what i was thinking royal. There hasnt been too many recruits that has said no to marshall
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Marshall's only coached one game but is it too early to start the salary increase threads? ;-) :good:

This guy is a winner and I want to see him paid 1.25mm a year with a buyout of about 3.2 billion. :clap: :D

T

...8)

Comment

Turgeon made a S16 with the recruits he had.

There were some years when the results were less than the expectations, but, Turgeon made a S16 with the recruits he had.

If Marshall appears to have better recruits than Turgeon, we need to be careful. Expectations might get out of hand and we might become like MSU fans.

Marshall and Turgeon recruited differently and they coach differently. We need to see how this plays out. It looks promising.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Yes, it is early, but I also like the way our 2007 class is shaping up over the 2007 class that didn't come. While one super freshman for aTm is racking up the minutes, Bowles has seen ONE minute of playing time in three games (plus one minute against Emporia St.). Illinois St. has ran all over its first two opponents, yet in those two games, Sampay has seen 25 minutes (9th on the team), 3-12 from the field for 7 points, 5 rebounds, 5 fouls, and a team leading 7 turnovers. Baker was not mentioned in Quinnipiac's second game write-up (a loss, no boxscore yet), but did have a very good first game with 44 minutes (2OT win) with 16 points. But that was QU against Hartford. :whistle:

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

I mean we have the Juco guys Ramon, Mantas and Hannah. A transfer in Aj Hawkins whom we saw at shocker madness and can be really really special for us.

But he has brought in Aaron Ellis whom we know can play who unless otherwise stated will be a FOUR year guy.

It was pretty much a must to get Juco guys if we wanted to compete this year...I think...

Comment

Actually the 1.25mm should probably be going to Schaus...

I don't think we could have gotten a better coach in the entire country when you consider the whole package that Marshall brings to the table. To walk in here his first year and pull off a class like this.. I really believe our program is going to continue well past where T$U$R$G$E$O$N left off..

It is truly a great new day to be a Shocker!!!

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan
                      Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

It was pretty much a must to get Juco guys if we wanted to compete this year...I think...
                      They are/were. My point was the future is looking bright.

Comment

Actually, Coach Marshall has far exceeded what I could have expected from him already. No wonder he has had such success. This Coach surrounds himself with solid Coaches and jointly, they are recruiting up a storm. If John Wooden would have recruited FSF to UCLA, I would have went, and he would not have been winning so much if I was on the court.

So just how good do I really think these 4 recruits we just signed are? I believe, that we were extremely wise to nab them now before they played their Seasons out this year. Why? Because the Big Boys would have been knocking their doors down trying to get them. I really think we landed some sleepers. Coach called GS a cornerstone player. I could not be more please then I am with each of the 3 guards we signed.

The expecting Father had a grand day of celebration for his hard work today. His Shocker family of zealots are proud enough to be handing out cigars to join in the fun. Reply #11 which was just lucky.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I can't stand KC Sports coverage. You think they mentioned Stutz going to WSU? Hell no, don't want to admit anyone from the KC area went down to Wichita. Sons of bitches.

Hopefully I overlooked it, but I doubt it.

Comment

I'll sleep well tonight knowing that we will be big and athletic far into the future.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Well KC, maybe this signing is shades of more good recruits from the Kansas City area to follow. We sure like to mess with Texas and I am glad to nab a sleeper from the K.C. area. Reply 14=7+7--that was just lucky.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X