Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall on Stutz

“Garrett is a guy you can build a program around,”

“He is very multitalented and can score with both hands. Garrett can step out and hit the three really well and shoots free throws at a high percentage. He will be the man in the middle for a long time to come.”

~Marshall

Did he sign? :posterwsu: 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Clevin Hannah, David Kyles, Toure Murry and Garrett Stutz have signed national letters of intent to play men’s basketball at Wichita State, Head Coach Gregg Marshall announced today.

Comment

I saw on the news that 4 players signed. Hanna, Stutz, Kyles and Murray.

Marshall wouldn't be able to talk about Stutz if he hadn't signed. I believe it's against the rules for him to comment until the letters are received.

WICHITA, Kan. ? Clevin Hannah, David Kyles, Toure Murry and Garrett Stutz have signed national letters of intent to play men's basketball at Wichita State, Head Coach Gregg Marshall announced today.

Comment

Sounds like a great haul. Two 3 stars, an outstanding JC point guard and Murry, who from what I hear is worthy of at least 3 stars himself.

Now if we can all relax and not get wrapped around the axle on who won't be here next year....... 8) 8)

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Murry is a Scout 3 star, no stars on Rivals. Kyles is a Rivals' 3 star and Scout 2 star. Stutz is a 3 star on both Rivals and Scout.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
              Murry is a Scout 3 star, no stars on Rivals. Kyles is a Rivals' 3 star and Scout 2 star. Stutz is a 3 star on both Rivals and Scout.
              wow i know stars dont mean alot sometimes. But whens the last time we have Had 3 3 stars and a quality juco PG. Not bad for Marshalls first full season recruiting class
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
                Sounds like a great haul. Two 3 stars, an outstanding JC point guard and Murry, who from what I hear is worthy of at least 3 stars himself.

Now if we can all relax and not get wrapped around the axle on who won't be here next year....... 8) 8)

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                i am sure the one who wont be here is the one that has never played a non-exhibition contest at Wichita State. LOL

Things will work out for the best. I am so excited to add Kyles to that list.
                ________
                Free Gift Cards
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

WICHITA, Kan. ? Clevin Hannah, David Kyles, Toure Murry and Garrett Stutz have signed national letters of intent to play men's basketball at Wichita State, Head Coach Gregg Marshall announced today.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

I don't know why but suddenly today, Google shows me stuff on Stutz that I have not seen before. If this has been posted before in the recruiting thread on Stutz, sorry, but I think it bears repeating (and I'm not going to scroll through 20 pages of Stutz posts :D )

Now, just how good is Stutz?

The College Coaches Network blog says he's a "big body and long. Keeps ball up. Soft touch. Great mits. Huge upside! Mobile."

And ESPN.com says he's "rapidly improving. His greatest asset lies in his knowledge of the game. He understands the nuances of the low post game (sealing, re-posting, passing out of the post, screening angles). Garrett finishes effectively around the basket with either hand."

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Hannah can shoot and can run a team, but the best thing I liked about him was his maturity and composure, the reason Coach Marshall said his teammates like to play with him. That is why he will be our starting PG next year. I think he will have little trouble adjusting to D-1 basketball.

Are all three HS players qualifiers? Maybe that is why we oversigned.
                      Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Can we read anything into Coach Mar4shall's comments on Stutz about Orupke? I certainly hope he's still coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                          Hannah can shoot and can run a team, but the best thing I liked about him was his maturity and composure, the reason Coach Marshall said his teammates like to play with him. That is why he will be our starting PG next year. I think he will have little trouble adjusting to D-1 basketball.

Are all three HS players qualifiers? Maybe that is why we oversigned.
                          I know Stutz and Kyles are GREAT students. I'm pretty sure Murry doesn't have any issues but I'd have to check and see what I can find.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The more I read about Stutz, the more I keep wanting to believe that this is the guy that we've been waiting for.

I just have a feeling that he is going to be a very special player for the Shox and I think that we have a coach that can mold him into a great shocker.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Based on part of the info Royal found and listed on Kyles' thread over on Recruiting and that Murry is a CG, I wonder if CGM's plans is to see if one can be groomed into a PG during the two years Hannah is here.

The signing of all these young men is truly exciting!!! WSU is building great depth for the future.

:posterwu: :yahoo: :posterwsu: :yahoo:

Comment

Working...
                              X