X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Turgeon

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Good for Turg, I'm happy for the guy. He has done a good job since he went down to A&M.

Comment

Even tho, im still pissed, he kind of screwed up the program by leaving it almost as bad as he found, I am happy for him, he has proved me wrong, I thought he would flop at A&M.
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
        Even tho, im still pissed, he kind of screwed up the program by leaving it almost as bad as he found, I am happy for him, he has proved me wrong, I thought he would flop at A&M.
        I, too, think he has done better than I thought he would. Nevertheless, it is much easier to take over a successful program with good current players and recruits in place. His 8 man rotation (reduced to 7 when one senior went down) was made up of 3 seniors and 2 juniors with the top 4 scorers coming from this group. That 3-way tie for 2nd in the Big 12 was also only 2 losses away from being a 3-way tie for 5th.

MT has done a good job in a very tough conference and brought in some nice new players. Next year may be the first real year to see how well he does with mostly his own players. Assuming, that is, he doesn't jump ship to Oregon first.

Comment

Even tho, im still pissed, he kind of screwed up the program by leaving it almost as bad as he found
          If you are really fair - he didn't leave it worse than he found it. He had did enough in the program such that the program was able to draw a quality coach like Coach Marshall. He also took a program that was a LOSER and revived it winner spirit.

Yes, some of the recruiting misses hurt the program and did set it back some, but lets not forget Durley and Hatch were Turgeon recruits and have played instrumental part in the program and will be instrumental in any success this program has next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
            Even tho, im still pissed, he kind of screwed up the program by leaving it almost as bad as he found
            If you are really fair - he didn't leave it worse than he found it. He had did enough in the program such that the program was able to draw a quality coach like Coach Marshall. He also took a program that was a LOSER and revived it winner spirit.

Yes, some of the recruiting misses hurt the program and did set it back some, but lets not forget Durley and Hatch were Turgeon recruits and have played instrumental part in the program and will be instrumental in any success this program has next year.
            Ditto or is it dido. (Just a little personal inside joke.)

Ditto it is.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

He certainly has earned it.

I didn't like the fact that he left, but I thought he would have success there.

Interestingly, I think he leveraged the open Oregon job for a raise early in his WSU tenure too.

Comment

Good for Coach T. to produce in a tough Conference. Now he is getting close to having all his own recruited players. He actually walked into a really impressive group of Bill Gillespe recruited players instead of having to start from scatch. Maybe we will meet him at the Dance next Season? That would be grand!!!!!!! If Coach T ends up at Oregon someday, it would not be shocking.

Reply # 7
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Prediction.

KU fails to make the tournament next year (even with the expansion to 96 teams) and Turgeon leaves for Lawrence one year after getting a significant raise.

Comment

yikes!!!!!1 What a prediction!!!!!!! In that case, maybe we will get lucky and play KU at the Dance the following year thereafter!!!!!!!
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

It makes me wonder what we would paying Turgeon by now if he was still here.
                      KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
                      Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

Originally posted by mproviz
                        Probably close to what he's making at A&M... we'd have likely made a couple more trips to the big dance and 'other' schools knocking on his door would have resulted in JS and ES continuing to pony up more dough.

Folks, there is still some serious money in this community... don't ever underestimate it. If Marshall takes us to the dance next year (and it's likely he will), I predict a very large payday for him. I don't believe he will seriously consider leaving until EO graduates. He moved mountains to get him here and will want to see his efforts payoff.

And it's also a FACT that so-called mid-majors can make it to the Final Four. The tournament expansion may also keep coaches at their schools longer. Maybe it's just me, but I'm sensing that fewer coaches are going to be 'jumping ship' the next couple of years unless a job at KU, Duke, UNC, Michigan State or Kentucky opens up.

HCGM is loyal... I'm not worried!

Sorry, I forgot we were talking about coach Turgeon. :D
                        SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
                          Probably close to what he's making at A&M... we'd have likely made a couple more trips to the big dance and 'other' schools knocking on his door would have resulted in JS and ES continuing to pony up more dough.

Folks, there is still some serious money in this community... don't ever underestimate it. If Marshall takes us to the dance next year (and it's likely he will), I predict a very large payday for him. I don't believe he will seriously consider leaving until EO graduates. He moved mountains to get him here and will want to see his efforts payoff.

And it's also a FACT that so-called mid-majors can make it to the Final Four. The tournament expansion may also keep coaches at their schools longer. Maybe it's just me, but I'm sensing that fewer coaches are going to be 'jumping ship' the next couple of years unless a job at KU, Duke, UNC, Michigan State or Kentucky opens up.

Agreed, but I don't see the expansion coming anytime soon.
                          KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
                          Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

Originally posted by SFL

Agreed, but I don't see the expansion coming anytime soon.
                            Just wait til July when the NCAA backs out of the TV contract with CBS and announces the 96 team field and starts taking bids on a new TV contract....thats the first thing that has to happen for the expansion of the tournament to go forward..I look for it to happen next year and this should be the last year of the 64 team tournament. Regardless if its 2011 or 2012 it is coming soon
                            1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              Prediction.

KU fails to make the tournament next year (even with the expansion to 96 teams) and Turgeon leaves for Lawrence one year after getting a significant raise.
                              I don't get this. What are you saying?
                              "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
                              Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

Working...
                              X