Coach's Show Archives on ShockerRadio.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach's Show Archives on ShockerRadio.com

I'm posting this here because there is no one listed to email on the ShockerRadio.com website and because I know some of the tech people from ShockerRadio.com read this message board.

For those of us who can't listen to the Gregg Marshall Radio Show live, the archived shows on ShockerRadio.com are great. But the last three archived shows have had other sound bleeding through the show, in the background. The first two shows the sound was just a minor annoyance, but the latest show, tonight's show, the background noise is so loud you can't even hear coach speak. It's like another radio show is playing simultaneously and you can't decipher the voices, two voices speaking at the same time. Here's the link to the shows, listen for yourself: http://www.shockerradio.com/archive/mensbb/

Whoever records these shows to be archived, please PLEASE do a better job. Turn the knob down or turn off the other audio source or whatever you have to do. Maybe try listening to tonight's coach's show until you go crazy.

Thanks.

I noticed that the last time I tried to listen (last week).

Thanks for calling attention to it. Some help with this issue would be most appreciated.

Comment

Re: Coach's Show Archives on ShockerRadio.com

Originally posted by WuShockFan
      Whoever records these shows to be archived, please PLEASE do a better job. Turn the knob down or turn off the other audio source or whatever you have to do. Maybe try listening to tonight's coach's show until you go crazy.Thanks.
      Dude, I am with you 100%. I called in during the locker room show after the last game to tell them I could hear Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity or whoever as well as the coach and Ted Woodward last time and the producer acted like I was from another planet. I don't think they hear what we hear, but all they need to do is listen to the podcasts.

Edit -- It's Glenn Beck
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Tonight's podcast of the coach's show is particularly bad. It's not just in the background, it's as least as loud as MK and GM.

I'm having trouble understanding what they are saying due to the overlap.

Surely Entercom can fix this. Can anyone who listened live say whether it was this bad?

Comment

I didn't notice anything live.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            Tonight's podcast of the coach's show is particularly bad. It's not just in the background, it's as least as loud as MK and GM.

I'm having trouble understanding what they are saying due to the overlap.

Surely Entercom can fix this. Can anyone who listened live say whether it was this bad?
            I've emailed BGM and Entercom about this issue so hopefully we can get it straightened out. I know this was an issue last year but I thought it had been solved.

The archives are pretty dumb technology. Basically what we do is fire up a client that listens to the live stream just like you would. That client then saves the MP3 stream to disk as a static MP3. So what you get as an archive is literally just a saved version of what the live stream had on it.

Unfortunately we can only stream (and therefore save) whatever audio is fed to our encoder box but I'll make sure we follow up with them tomorrow.

Chris

Comment

I listened live last week and I don't recall hearing anything. But someone brought it up so I played the podcast and it was a little annoying. You definitely don't hear whatever it is live. I hope this situation gets resolved.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Try listening to the podcast on a set of headphones. It helps understand CGM and Mike. You have to really focus but you can follow the conversation. But still very annoying.
                "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

I'm also pretty sure that it was a mix of the 1240 and 1330 frequencies.

Comment

It was, considering it was Glen Beck and he comes on at 6pm on KFH.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Entercom is almost worthless.

These kinds of Q.C. problems have been going on for many years.

I will never forget Mike Kennedy's out-burst of anger and frustration on the air. The last sentence of his out-burst was "And no one seems to care."

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                        I will never forget Mike Kennedy's out-burst of anger and frustration on the air. The last sentence of his out-burst was "And no one seems to care."
                        I remember that. Absolutely classic.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for your effort in this, I have a hard time complaining about anything that is offered for free so please accept my thanks for your effort.

Comment

I heard that KGSO is coming out with a magazine. I haven't personally seen the Arbitron ratings but from everything I have heard they seem to be doing well. I wonder if there is anything in the works to perhaps expand their stranglehold on the sports market and work out the package with Mike on WSU athletics in the near future?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                              I heard that KGSO is coming out with a magazine. I haven't personally seen the Arbitron ratings but from everything I have heard they seem to be doing well. I wonder if there is anything in the works to perhaps expand their stranglehold on the sports market and work out the package with Mike on WSU athletics in the near future?
                              That would be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X