Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I think of Bilau as a 2" shorter version of Orukpe who can catch and pass the ball, dribble, and shoot 3's.
    Other than that, they are just alike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      I think of Bilau as a 2" shorter version of Orukpe who can catch and pass the ball, dribble, and shoot 3's.
      As you point out, the similarities are boundless.

Comment

• Got to meet this very nice man. Hope he is doing well. When 3G arrived, he promised to find players, even from overseas.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Ehimen started most of the season the last time WSU went to the Final Four. Anytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
            I loved the man, but lordy he couldn't make a free throw to save his life.
            Whatr's wrong with 17-44 for 38.6%?
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Whatr's wrong with 17-44 for 38.6%?
              Was he shooting from the current 3 point line? If so, nothing other than the fact that he attempted too many.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Ehimen started most of the season the last time WSU went to the Final Four. Anytime.
                We did get the jump ball. I will give him that.

Comment

• Raw athleticism with a tremendous brain! The only thing he missed was time. Had he picked up a ball when he was 12, I'm certain we'd be watching him in The Association. Although he'd likely have never landed in the ICT.

Boy, did I pick the right time to check back in on Shockernet?

The good 'ol days... hangin' banners and gettin' fit for championship rings.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    Raw athleticism with a tremendous brain! The only thing he missed was time. Had he picked up a ball when he was 12, I'm certain we'd be watching him in The Association. Although he'd likely have never landed in the ICT.

Boy, did I pick the right time to check back in on Shockernet?

The good 'ol days... hangin' banners and gettin' fit for championship rings.

T

No amount of experience was going to cure those "Roberto Duran" hands. Some people just can't catch a ball, that's why they become defensive backs.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

No amount of experience was going to cure those "Roberto Duran" hands. Some people just can't catch a ball, that's why they become defensive backs.
                      I hear ya, but you have to consider the fact that the Nigerian Nightmare was raised playing - that sport where you run around on a big field for a couple hours accomplishing literally nothing except for the odd shin bruise. I think the penalty is death in his country if your hand touches any balls (your own are likely fine).

Speaking of hands (and feet)... You think Echenique had nice hands... you should have seen what he could do with his feet. I suspect E.O. was the same. I gotta believe 8 years of bball prep prior to WSU would have changed things for the math wizard. Now that I think of it (math), he was trapped in a very analytical mind also. The game went very fast for him. He needed to develop some feel. That may have come as a young tyke also. He'd be a good engineer, just like his dad. A very big engineer.

T

Comment

• Orukpe may have been an offensive liability, but on D against any but elite teams, an opponent attempting a drive to the basket was the equivalent of a turnover. I've never seen so man y opponents get into the lane, see Orukpe, and just dribble back out, using up a lot of time on the shot clock.

Orukpe may have been the most intimidating defender WSU has ever had. In his Sr. year, more players were attempting to go at him at the rim. Some succeeded, but the % of bunnies or potential bunnies against him was pretty low. I think he was a significant contributor to the F4 tun, even if Baker made an ill-advised pass to him at a crucial moment. Baker probably made that pass and thought, "oh, ****, I just passed the ball to the guy who can't catch it".
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Welcome back Cold ! Orupke was a net positive.

Comment

• Here's how EO did his senior year for Offensive Box Plus/Minus (OBPM) and Defensive Box Plus/Minus (DBPM). He was last on the team offensively, but first on the team defensively.

Rk Player OBPM DBPM BPM
                            1 Ehimen Orukpe -4.3 8.3 4.0
                            2 Carl Hall 3.4 4.6 7.9
                            3 Chadrack Lufile -1.1 4.5 3.4
                            4 Malcolm Armstead 4.4 3.6 8.0
                            5 Tekele Cotton 2.7 3.6 6.3
                            6 Fred VanVleet 0.9 2.6 3.5
                            7 Demetric Williams 1.4 2.2 3.6
                            8 Ron Baker 5.5 1.9 7.4
                            9 Cleanthony Early 5.0 1.6 6.6
                            10 Nick Wiggins 2.3 0.4 2.7
                            11 Jake White -0.8 0.1 -0.7
                            12 Evan Wessel 5.1 0.0 5.2

Provided by CBB at Sports Reference: View Original Table
                            Generated 5/3/2020.

Comment

• Was just thinking about Ehimen and how nice it was when our biggest concern was if he was ever going to get out of Africa and to Wichita. Those days of discussion beat a lot of what we are discussing these days.

Sorry. I just wanted to go back to a time when things were less heavy and feel good, even if for only a couple of minutes.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X