Durley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durley?

I couldn't make the game tonight due to a meeting. How did Durley look? I heard Phil hit a three in the second? Does anyone have the lines on both players?

Here is the Box Score:

Comment

Durley hit a shot from about 21 feet. Next possession he dunked it with a man hanging on him. He had two really nice power moves to the bucket. Encouraging.

Comment

He looked a little lost on defense in the early going but seemed to get into the flow as the game moved along.
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I agree, overall I wasn't hopping up and down but at the same time I wasn't disappointed. I think he'll be a pretty good contributor by the end of the season if he continues to work hard.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

He showed enough to make me think he will contribute.
            In the fast lane

Comment

I think that's very encouraging seeing as it's basically his first game ever!

Keep hammering away JT!

Comment

He seemed to run the floor well, and not favor the knee at all. He looked lost on defense a bit, and went for steals too often when he should have just held his ground. Not a bad first game though.
                YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

I don't recall.... did he play any of the preseason games last year?

At any rate, he looked pretty solid considering it was his first (or possibly second) game in front of 10K fans. He missed a few short shots, but he created the opportunity for them with some physical drives to the basket. The short shots will fall when he gets his nerves together, but I really liked his physicality.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I stand by what I said earlier about not being worried about the post

Comment

I love big, athletic, physical 6-7 PFs! They can do sooo much damage when the right pieces are in place around them!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

I thought JT looked okay last night, and expect him to iron out any wrinkles by the end of the month. His 3 surprised me, but we have the guys that can score this year, unlike past years when on 2 players on the team could score, and 1 maybe.

That 'gang rebounding' philosophy might work better than I thought it would.

If Ramon likes to mix it up, he will get plenty of chances this year, and I think he will acclimate to it pretty fast.

Comment

For a guy that is still (get rid of the xbox man!!) out of shape, Durley showed skill, offensive timing, and he definitely has a mean-streak. 5 pts, 3rbds, 1to -not bad for your first D1 game J.T.! Keep it up and drop the twinkies!!1

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Keep it up and drop the twinkies!!1
                            JT likes the Hot Fries

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

I thought JT has trimmed down alot and looks alot quicker on his post moves
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X