Garrett Stutz orally commits to Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an interesting piece:

Stutz and his parents decided to lean on friends for an informal prayer group Wednesday. When he arrived home later that night, WSU coach Gregg Marshall had left him a message. He called Marshall, who talked excitedly about the university making a "major commitment" to basketball in the near future.
    I wonder what that could mean?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      http://www.kansas.com/250/story/222833.html

Here's an interesting piece:

Stutz and his parents decided to lean on friends for an informal prayer group Wednesday. When he arrived home later that night, WSU coach Gregg Marshall had left him a message. He called Marshall, who talked excitedly about the university making a "major commitment" to basketball in the near future.
      I wonder what that could mean?
      That really caught my attention too. Very curious about the "major commitment".

Comment

i hope he's at least a 4 * recruit

Comment

The UK loss had an effect.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

^that rivals article called us a "power house"

good sign of things to come!

Comment

Here is an interesting quote from UK land...If you havent heard yet, Garrett Stutz has verbaled to Wichita St., thus ending UK's pursuit of him at this time. From my perspective, this is not exactly a bad thing as I think Wichita St is the perfect level school for Stutz and he will excel in that environment. This is from Matt Jones a UK blogist. Here is the link http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/. It is an interesting page.
              "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
              which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Great get for WSU. Hopefully he can make an early impact and start a pipeline to KC recruits.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

WU-hooo!!!!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

My only thought right now -- my sincere gratitude to the Kentucky Wildcats for their timely meltdown.

Comment

I don't care about his scoring. If he can rebound, block shots and shoot free throws well, I will be estactic.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                        My only thought right now -- my sincere gratitude to the Kentucky Wildcats for their timely meltdown.
                        We owe Billy G quite the Christmas present this year.

His leaving aTm brought us Marshall, and now his team's crappy performance confirms to Garrett that he belongs in Wichita.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

"I was like 'Wow, I think God's trying to tell me something here,' " Stutz said. "I think that was the final sign. God was leading me to Wichita State."
                          Thank you! Lord! :bow: :bow: :bow:
                          Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Welcome Garrett! You'll look better in black and yellow than baby blue anyway.

In that one article where his Dad was quoted, he said Garrett is a legimate 7'0" footer, and that he could end up between 7'1" and 7'2". Garrett's nice soft shooting touch sounds good, sounds like a finesse player, along the lines of Durant or Noah. Kerry will have his work cut out for him with both Orukpe and Stutz.

With Hannah and Murry next year too, we are looking pretty good, not to mention, everyone tends to forget about AJ, and he definately seems like an agressive type leader on the floor.

Comment

Rumors of "major commitments"...

THe next Dirk Nowitzki in a Shocker uniform??...

All this hype is getting me aroused....... :D :D :D :D

T

...8)

Comment

Stutz I believe shot 80% from the line last year and 44% from three. He'll be a very valuable tool for the Shox over the next few years.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X