Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN: MVC a one-bid league? (worth a read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN: MVC a one-bid league? (worth a read)

The Missouri Valley Conference has established itself as a consistent multi-bid league. But this season, finding a bid beyond Southern Illinois will be hard, writes Kyle Whelliston.

Every conference has it's down years, but I still think the MVC will get at least two bids this year. Some interesting quotes from Elgin.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Wichita is breaking in a new coach, former Winthrop wunderkind Gregg Marshall.

Best line in the article.

Comment

Just take care of business! Especially non conference games.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

if SIU doesnt win the conference tourney then we will get two teams in but i think right now they are the only team that should have high hopes of getting in.

hopefully tourney time is about the time we start really putting things together(i see it taking awhile) and we get that 2nd bid.

Comment

Judging from the preseason games, the Big 10 doesn't look so promising. Their two big powerhouses Mich St and Ohio St both fell to D-2 teams.

I have to agree that 2 thru 10 in the MVC is wide open but IMHO So Illinois has a lot to prove also.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

I still say BU has the best shot at getting in. SIU will probably find a way to position themselves well enough. ISU, WSU, MSU and CU are all capable of getting in depending on how things develop. I'm still going with three get in. There's a lot of turnover in the league but there's still a lot of talent left.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Interesting read from valley talk.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox

Another person picking WSU to finish 7th in the Valley.

I hope Marshall proves them all wrong by taking the horrible situation left to him by Turgeon and righting the ship this year.

Comment

Working...
                X