Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC tourney staying in STL?

That's the rumor on VT.

If they upped their offer enough to keep the MVC then good for STL. While I would have liked to cut down the length of my trip by half I will say that I have never had a bad time in STL for the MVC. We just need to win the thing for once!

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771
      If they upped their offer enough to keep the MVC then good for STL. While I would have liked to cut down the length of my trip by half I will say that I have never had a bad time in STL for the MVC. We just need to win the thing for once!
      I suppose I agree. However, I would like to have just one opportunity in KC, before I drop dead.

I do enjoy STL, but there is plenty to like in MCI.

Comment

I think they should just go to a rotation. KC should get a chance to show what it can do. KC has been home to a lot of college basketball and I think that would be fun. If it's going to stay in STL I'll just have to keep saving most of my paycheck to pay for gas...
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This may prevent us from ever attending. We have family in KC we could have stayed with and I just can't justify dropping $500+ for a trip-for-two to STL.

If this ends up being true, I'm disappointed. But on the flip side, it is good to see them make STL earn it with a competitive bid.

Comment

Nuts.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

I hope this rumor is just that it is in STL another couple years and then is heading to KC when the Big 12 is not there.

Comment

I don't think the B12 would really interfere too much. They have theirs on the following weekend and I'd think KC could easily work that. Plus, having two well attended tournaments on back to back weekends would be good for business. At least I'd think it would.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Isn't the B12 a traveling tournament, or did they sign a long term with KC?
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

It travels. Although KC is the only site that gets pretty good attendance. I believe they play in Dallas and I've heard attendance there is a joke.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      It travels. Although KC is the only site that gets pretty good attendance. I believe they play in Dallas and I've heard attendance there is a joke.
                      It was in OKC last year, but I believe KC has it for the next few years, including this upcoming season.

Comment

I went to Garth Brooks' first concert at the Sprint Center Monday night.

First, the concert was awesome, even if you're not a Garth lover.

Second, the Sprint Center was awesome. It's a first class facility, and if all things were equal, blows the Scottrade Center out of the water (and Scottrade isn't all that bad).

Too bad the Valley Tourney isn't coming here, I think they've made a poor decision (unless STL blew them away with the offer $$$$).

Sprint Center would be the perfect facility to host a basketball tourney. The site lines are amazing. The upper deck almost looks directly down on the court (a little scary for those with a height phobia). And there's not any of those weird angle seats that they have at Scottrade. It was built for basketball.

Actually, it reminds me a little of Koch Arena (except that it seats 18,000 and serves alcohol).

Also, FYI there is a QuikTrip in the arena. Pretty cool.

Comment

please dont be true
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                            (unless STL blew them away with the offer $$$$).
                            If The Lou did blow them away with a big $ offer, we will all just be paying for it during Arch Madness. That $8 beer will now be $12. The $10 pretzel, $14...$18 if you want that tiny little cup of cheese.
                            That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

I would prefer to see it in Kansas City but St Louis isn't horrible by any means.

I do prefer KC for entertainment and restaurants (Plaza-Crown Center)

Comment

Working...
                              X