Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hizzshock
    :good:

my apologies. I am actually sittin in class right now and didn't proof read my post... classic mistake
    It could simply be Muphry's law rearing its ugly head.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeylegal
      I know there are a few that sit in the student section because they do not like sitting down during the game and want to be able to yell and cheer at their loudest. I will sit in the student section every once in awhile so I can enjoy that atmosphere and stand the whole game. I get dirty looks most of the time where I sit in 125 towards the top when I try to get into the game too much.
      That's the problem right there. Too many older people who just want to sit in the seats. This isn't theater, it's a sporting event! I never will understand why people get so mad just because someone else is cheering on the same team.

Maybe when you get past the point of being so old you just feel like sitting and watching is the time you start staying home and watching games on TV and let us have the fun.

Comment

well it seems to me that their are a few other students posting on this thread. If you guys are such great fans then i better see you in st louis in the student section with the ten other students and i that have been there every year for the past 3 years. This will be our 4th. Cause the past two years our student section has been pathetic

Dont worry, our group will be in the student section in St.Louis again, hopefully more then two rows will be there this time. . . It'd be nice to have more Shocker students to go up against the Creighton students.
        Shox-4-Life

Comment

Originally posted by KochHead22
          well it seems to me that their are a few other students posting on this thread. If you guys are such great fans then i better see you in st louis in the student section with the ten other students and i that have been there every year for the past 3 years. This will be our 4th. Cause the past two years our student section has been pathetic

Dont worry, our group will be in the student section in St.Louis again, hopefully more then two rows will be there this time. . . It'd be nice to have more Shocker students to go up against the Creighton students.
          Good deal... Our group has about 6 or 7 students. I also hope to rival Creighton, but they may not even make it to friday

Comment

I have been to st louis the past 3 years, but i usually pay for all session passes, im gonna try again to sneak in the student section for our games this year, last year i tried, but they said i had to pay for another additional ticket, even tho i showed them my student ID.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

[quote="Metalkatz"]
              Originally posted by mickeylegal
              Maybe when you get past the point of being so old you just feel like sitting and watching is the time you start staying home and watching games on TV and let us have the fun.

Koch Arena would look like the McLeod Center. :whistle:
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by KochHead22

Good deal... Our group has about 6 or 7 students. I also hope to rival Creighton, but they may not even make it to friday
                I'd love to, but the St.L trip is a bit beyond me. Really wish it wasn't, as I think I actually would have the time this year. Oh well... Represent for me, I guess...

Oh yeah, if you're still whining about the originality of the students, try getting 1000 people, half of whom aren't paying attention, on the same page sometime. These same people you're whining about are sometimes the only ones trying.
                Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                Students > Alumni
                If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Well since I became a student in 2007 I can count on one hand the number of games I've missed.
                  This year I have been blessed with the ability to travel and made it to the CBE games and I'm going to Creighton tomorrow and St. Louis (payed for all session passes). I think those guys on the opposite side of the student section from the team benches are great.
                  I usually am about 2 to 5 rows up on that side and always enjoy there bantar and chants.
                  Go Shox!!

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                    Originally posted by AndyMoore
                    Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    Originally posted by JaminShock
                    Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    Originally posted by newshock1234
                    Originally posted by Jeffrey Korchek
                    I'd figure there are plenty of things that should be complained about before we start in on some guys who go to EVERY SINGLE GAME and cheer their butts off all the time. Who cares if they're in the student section? There's a small group of 90-year-old women who sit in GA, should they move to other seats? No, because they are awesome.

FWIW, I don't know any of the guys in question, but people here complain often about the crowd not getting rowdy enough and I guarantee you these guys are not what is holding us back.
                    +2

And let me add that we need MORE fans like these guys (and gals), not fewer. Frankly, I'd like to see Coach throw them some love sometime.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                    +3 :good:
                    +4

If you want more traditional students in the front rows, then maybe the traditional students should give more of a damn about their 16-2 basketball team and line up an hour before the game to beat these guys to the front row.

Again, I do admit they're not the *ideal* representatives for a national tv audience, but who are we to complain? Half our student body only shows up when we're *good* or when we're playing on ESPN.

I'll give these "farts" more love than the rest of our bandwagon-filled student body.
                    +5
                    I think by default student sections have interesting dynamics- at a "commuter" and sometimes "non traditional student" school doubly so. These guys rock, and I love seeing them on tv from out of state. Unique fans from a unique school- It's fun to have been a crazy Shocker along with them during my years.
                    +6
                    +7

How can anyone complain about fans who come to every home game and many road games?

These guys and gals are usually the ones that get the cheers going. They are great fans who earn their seats by getting in line first.

I am more upset at the fans who show up as empty seats, or the fans who just sit there and do nothing or the fans that leave way too early.

We need more dedicated fans like this group.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan1
                      Well since I became a student in 2007 I can count on one hand the number of games I've missed.
                      This year I have been blessed with the ability to travel and made it to the CBE games and I'm going to Creighton tomorrow and St. Louis (payed for all session passes). I think those guys on the opposite side of the student section from the team benches are great.
                      I usually am about 2 to 5 rows up on that side and always enjoy there bantar and chants.
                      Go Shox!!
                      I can count on two hands the number of misspelled words in this post. Anyways, the post was talking about students sitting in the "student section". Who cares about some old people who show up 5 hours early to sit front row, or the people who sit in the second row with their kids. Again the marketing department should reserve these seats for actual students. Can't wait to watch the next televised home game on TV and see 40 year olds and kids sitting on the front row of the "student section".

Comment

I think this argument is old and tired. Those guys have been there for forever and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Yes, it is the "student section" but according to the rules they can sit there. So if you won't to complain about it, take it up with the athletic department and CKA.

Yes, they might seem out of place but they are great fans so God bless them. Better then the students that go and sit on their hands the whole game or the ones that only like to drink the Kool-Aid when we are winning.

Look, I don't know them personally but they seem like great guys. I don't know if they are students or if they're employed or unemployed, but the point is they still get there early no matter what and that's why they get those seats.

As a current student coupled with being highly involved on and off campus, I don't have the time to get to games five hours ahead of time. If they do and enjoy doing so more power to them.

The only compliant I do have though is when they save several seats for their friends/family. If you get there first you get those seats straight up, but it is unfair to the students that do get there a few hours early for you to save seats for people who only get there right before tip off. If you want to sit with them either they wait in line with you before the game or you move a few rows back when they get to the game. Seem fair enough.

No matter how you feel about it, it makes no sense to complain about it on a message board seeing how it accomplishes nothing. Either take matters into your own hands by beating them in line, taking to CKA staff, telling them to their face or do nothing and let them continue to let them sit/stand there. The world will continue to spin tomorrow either way.

It's cold, to talk about these people behind their backs on here, especially when I know for a fact one of them is a big poster on this board. I mean, think about it? Since they are such big fans, you don't think they would read or post on these boards? Yes, we might not have your normal everyday student section, but it's the one we've got so let's live with it.

Sorry to ramble on, but I will close with this. It doesn't matter how young or old we are, or if we are students or not; We are all Shocker fans who bleed yellow and black and that's all that matters. Cheer hard. Cheer load. GO SHOX!!!
                        The Assman

Comment

Hasn't the main complaint here just been how it looks on TV? Nobody has complained about their dedication and fan status. Just that it's not the most appealing sight to see on national television. And there is something to that.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                            Hasn't the main complaint here just been how it looks on TV? Nobody has complained about their dedication and fan status. Just that it's not the most appealing sight to see on national television. And there is something to that.
                            How petty. They look like WSU students because WSU has had young students (14 years old?), old students (60+ years old), international students, Wichita students, etc.

Should we have "Studio 54" doormen who only let the "beautiful people" into Koch Arena?
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ

It's cold, to talk about these people behind their backs on here, especially when I know for a fact one of them is a big poster on this board. I mean, think about it? Since they are such big fans, you don't think they would read or post on these boards? Yes, we might not have your normal everyday student section, but it's the one we've got so let's live with it.

Sorry to ramble on, but I will close with this. It doesn't matter how young or old we are, or if we are students or not; We are all Shocker fans who bleed yellow and black and that's all that matters. Cheer hard. Cheer load. GO SHOX!!!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ
                                I think this argument is old and tired. Those guys have been there for forever and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Yes, it is the "student section" but according to the rules they can sit there. So if you won't to complain about it, take it up with the athletic department and CKA.

Yes, they might seem out of place but they are great fans so God bless them. Better then the students that go and sit on their hands the whole game or the ones that only like to drink the Kool-Aid when we are winning.

Look, I don't know them personally but they seem like great guys. I don't know if they are students or if they're employed or unemployed, but the point is they still get there early no matter what and that's why they get those seats.

As a current student coupled with being highly involved on and off campus, I don't have the time to get to games five hours ahead of time. If they do and enjoy doing so more power to them.

The only compliant I do have though is when they save several seats for their friends/family. If you get there first you get those seats straight up, but it is unfair to the students that do get there a few hours early for you to save seats for people who only get there right before tip off. If you want to sit with them either they wait in line with you before the game or you move a few rows back when they get to the game. Seem fair enough.

No matter how you feel about it, it makes no sense to complain about it on a message board seeing how it accomplishes nothing. Either take matters into your own hands by beating them in line, taking to CKA staff, telling them to their face or do nothing and let them continue to let them sit/stand there. The world will continue to spin tomorrow either way.

It's fine that you don't think it's bad to have 35+ year-olds yelling in the "student section" on national television, but that's just, like, your opinion, man. The point of this thread was to gauge other peoples' opinions. You gave yours, they give theirs.

It doesn't even matter that it's not precluded by the rules for old dudes to sit in the "student section." This is all about perception, and the perception of these folks front row in the student section isn't a good one to most people. Just like it isn't against the rules for a group of guys to go to the theatre and see "Sex in the City" on opening day, people are still going to have a certain perception when they see them in line.

And before you act like people are voluntarily becoming slaves to perception, realize that nationally televised games are just about nothing but perception. "Wear yellow." Perception. "Be loud on national TV." Perception. "Don't sit down, stand the whole game." Perception. Etc.

It's cold, to talk about these people behind their backs on here, especially when I know for a fact one of them is a big poster on this board.
                                This sentence contradicts itself in ways I can't believe weren't noticed when it was written. How can it be "behind their back" when this is probably the one place where you know you can be sure they'll see what you are saying?

And nothing in this thread was meant to harm these guys. It was all about an open discourse on what people's thoughts of having people who are 35+ as symbols of WSU's "students."
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X